News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[PtA] Heritage - Fun, but oddly unsatisfying play

Started by JMendes, March 21, 2005, 12:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Norris

Mike said what I was trying to say about several issues, but more clearly. Thanks, Mike.

J, finding the little handle thingie under the hood in PTA is figuring out what issues interest your players, and making the show about that.

Maybe the group could try a little "playing without playing", just discussing what might engage them about the show if it was on TV. If they don't bring up the same kinds of things that they do when they're actually playing, then there's the disconnect.

I guess we're saying that PTA uses television as a metaphor for "Come up with a concept and characters you're all invested in, propose scenes, and resolve conflicts about those characters.". Whatever it is about a given character that grabs their player, that's the good stuff that should be involved in conflicts. I'm in full agreement with Mike here.

JMendes

Hey, everyone, :)

Well... we got it!

I don't have a lot of typing time on my hands, right now, but I just wanted everyone to know that, thanks to yall's help, I was able to pull off a very successful episode of PtA, last night.

I'll be starting a new thread with the write-up, either tomorrow or Monday, highlighting how the ideas in this particular thread helped me. :)

Thank you, all of you!!

Cheers,

J.
João Mendes
Lisbon, Portugal
Lisbon Gamer

JMendes

João Mendes
Lisbon, Portugal
Lisbon Gamer