Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2019, 05:00:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 158 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: [PtA] Heritage - Fun, but oddly unsatisfying play  (Read 14800 times)
Andrew Norris

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2005, 12:25:28 PM »

Mike said what I was trying to say about several issues, but more clearly. Thanks, Mike.

J, finding the little handle thingie under the hood in PTA is figuring out what issues interest your players, and making the show about that.

Maybe the group could try a little "playing without playing", just discussing what might engage them about the show if it was on TV. If they don't bring up the same kinds of things that they do when they're actually playing, then there's the disconnect.

I guess we're saying that PTA uses television as a metaphor for "Come up with a concept and characters you're all invested in, propose scenes, and resolve conflicts about those characters.". Whatever it is about a given character that grabs their player, that's the good stuff that should be involved in conflicts. I'm in full agreement with Mike here.
JMendes

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2005, 02:04:18 PM »

Hey, everyone, :)

Well... we got it!

I don't have a lot of typing time on my hands, right now, but I just wanted everyone to know that, thanks to yall's help, I was able to pull off a very successful episode of PtA, last night.

I'll be starting a new thread with the write-up, either tomorrow or Monday, highlighting how the ideas in this particular thread helped me. :)

Thank you, all of you!!

Cheers,

J.

url=http://lisbongamer.mc-two.com/]Lisbon Gamer[/urlLisbon Gamer
JMendes

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2005, 08:47:41 PM »

Hey, :)

Just a short note to add a reference to the new thread.

Cheers,

J.

url=http://lisbongamer.mc-two.com/]Lisbon Gamer[/urlLisbon Gamer
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to: