Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 14, 2022, 05:24:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4285 Members Latest Member: - Jason DAngelo Most online today: 81 - most online ever: 565 (October 17, 2020, 02:08:06 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Clarify Example of Play  (Read 2611 times)
Jonas Ferry

« on: March 30, 2005, 02:49:17 AM »

The example of play is extremely useful when trying to understand the rules, and I canít picture Capes without it. I have some stuff, though, I need to get clarified.

1. It seems like the first starter of a scene is the same person that set the scene, right? I canít find it in the description of starters on p22.

2. On p45 it says ďBe on time to mee with JennyĒ. Just a spelling error, but you might want to correct it for the second printing.

3. On p48 Liberty uses Super-Strength without getting debt. I suppose itís omitted because itís obvious but...

4. ... right after that he uses Inspire Patriotism, and gets debt. If I read the character sheet on p44 correctly his only powered style is Throw Shield.

5. It has been some confusion whether characters or players get inspiration points. On p51 they say that both Liberty and Alex get the points, or rather Liberty gets them and Alex controls Liberty. Itís the same thing on 55, when Alex says ďitís a three point Inspiration for LizĒ, when itís Alex who gets the points and can use them for any character he likes. I know how it's supposed to work from reading threads here, but it's not obvious from the example of play.

Thatís all for now.

One Can Have Her, film noir roleplaying in black and white.

Check out the indie RPG category at Wikipedia.
TonyLB

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 03:53:31 AM »

I'm not sure those are questions I can clarify, so much as very well-spotted errata.  Thanks!  Hopefully I'll be able to fiddle them in before the second printing goes to final press.

Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: