News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

My DitV game

Started by sirogit, March 31, 2005, 06:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirogit

Just finished the first session of a new DitV game and I have to say it went great.

The set up's a little unusual. Because both me and my brother wanted to play -and- run, we set it up so that we're both playing and we're both CO-gming at the same time, Dogs is great for this because two people can make up their own hidden problems with the town without having to collaborate for it to make sense. I handle my brother's adversity and my brother handles mine.

The mode of play is pretty sweet. Its good to get a break in either paticular mode of playing, and it allows for a really good perspective on what you're doing as a gm and what you're doing as a player.

Name of the town: Grand Cherokee(Taken from a magazine which happened to be very nearby.)

The setup on my GM-end is: A man showers gifts on his wife to make up for her lack of real love for him, which causes him to lower the wages at the farm, causing a local malcontent(played by Jello Biafra) to set up a strike, taking away the town's primary means of food.

On my brother's gm-end: A girl(Suzy)'s father pushes for her to marry her friend(Mr.Rochelle), but he still secretly pines after a woman(Sally) he's hurt in the past and Suzie knows it.

Some choice moments:

- My character, August getting into a fist fight with Mr.Rochelle for hurting the Sally in the past, in order to even things out so that they can find out how to settle this dispute.  August says "This is for the good of you, Sally and Suzy." before knocking him out.

I'm trying to hink of a good way to assign fallout dice, and I'm thinking "Hey, August did raise his voice when he said 'Suzy'. 2d4 relationship.

- My borther's character, Honeosost, is convincing the woman that she shouldn't ask for so much stuff in order to give her love to her husband, she got delirious and started slapping Hone, he's restraining her, I'm looking at her dice and she has a 5 and a 6 left, so I have her raise with "you hav no idea what its like, giving up your body every day to a man you don't love." Now that's a raise.

- My brother looks at the farming situation, and asks with a self-depreciating tone "Huh. How well does marxism and mormonism mix?" and I say "I guess we're going to see."

------------------------

I really don't have any questions or critiques at the moment, just saying this worked out extremely well for me and kudos for the great game.

ScottM

Sounds very interesting.  Did the Dogs help each other, or did you keep them seperated (so they weren't solving the GM's own problems)?  It sounds like it worked, but I notice that your judging is solo.  Have you played dogs with multiple PCs talking/arguing about problems, or was this your first time with the ruleset?

Sounds like a fascinating experiement. Good luck with it!
-- Scott
Hey, I'm Scott Martin. I sometimes scribble over on my blog, llamafodder. Some good threads are here: RPG styles.

sirogit

1. There was a bit of interaction between the Dogs. Generally whenever one would get into trouble, one'd come to bail him out. The way we handled conflict in such a matter, is that one of t he Dogs is designated as the primary protagonist for the conflict, the other player controls adversity, and the other Dog is basicly a prop and a 2d6 bonus.

I conciously avoiding A) investigating and B) pronouncing judgement and my own GM-situation, but as we get more comfortable with the game-style I'd like to get moments where we can "switch over" and have the other player take the reins for the GM-situation the other created.