News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Harnmaster Review?

Started by Domhnall, April 01, 2005, 09:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domhnall

I have searched and cannot find anyone from the Forge doing a review of Harnmaster.  This game sounds like my own in spirit and I wanted to hear its pros and cons.  

Thanks.
--Daniel

daMoose_Neo

Considering the focus of the forum is specifically for design, here's the obligatory questions!

- What IS your system? Tell us more!
- What about your system is similar to Harn? Whats different?
- What is the focus of your games? How do you see a game running?
- From what you know could it, in spirit, be done by Harn? If so, what makes your concept stand out from Harn?
- Noted some other posts on your game, can you elaborate on what you've already posted?
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

Domhnall

Quote from: klaptonLook here:

http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/9/9258.phtml

I had found the Forge thread with that link, but some others said it wasn't a good review.  I think I trust Forge review more than others.  It's odd that considering how many reviews the Forge has done that no one has done Harn...  

I am going to grab a copy of Harn from a friend, then I can compare.
--Daniel

ethan_greer

Harn isn't creator owned and therefore out of scope for the Forge's.

Paul Czege

Harn isn't creator owned and therefore out of scope for the Forge's.

I seem to recall hearing that Harn's designer, after having originally sold to Columbia Games, then went on to publish his own second edition as "Harnmaster Gold." If true, someone could certainly submit a review of Harnmaster Gold.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Ron Edwards

Hello,

I'd like to reinforce Andrew's (daMoose neo) point, which is that this thread needs to focus on the design of your game, Domnhall.

It's well and good to use Harnmaster as a basis for comparison, but we really aren't talking about finding reviews of Harnmaster - we're talking about what you're designing. Let's get to it.

Best,
Ron

contracycle

Eh?  What is that, some sort of guilt trip?  Why can't a request for a review be valid?  Especially when we proclaimn elsewhere, know thy hobby.
Impeach the bomber boys:
www.impeachblair.org
www.impeachbush.org

"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."
- Leonardo da Vinci

Eero Tuovinen

Quote from: contracycleEh?  What is that, some sort of guilt trip?  Why can't a request for a review be valid?  Especially when we proclaimn elsewhere, know thy hobby.

I guess they're referring to this being the Indie Game Design Forum - meant for posts about indie game design. The confusion is understandable in that regard. As far as I can see, there's no design going on in this thread at all.

I'd also be interested in seeing a Harn review, though.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.