News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Come as you are party!

Started by Sean, April 05, 2005, 10:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshua neff

Last Movie: Robots, which I thoroughly enjoyed. It's anti-profit-oriented business, pro-socially-oriented business, pro-working class (without having every working class character be a paragon of virtue)...and it has fart jokes. And the visuals were designed by William Joyce, one of my favorite children's author-illustrators.

Last Novel: Midnight for Charlie Bone...well, I'm almost done with it. But since I've mostly been reading short fiction, comics and nonfiction these days, I can't recall the last novel I read from cover to cover.

Last Game: Dogs in the Vineyard.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Ron Edwards

Last film stuff: BBC version of Smiley's People, The Fifth Element, Sin City

Last books: Divided Generation (studies of E and W Berlin kids), The Secret Generations by John Gardner (spy/family saga)

Last game: Nine Worlds, character creation for Dogs in the Vineyard

I know I broke the typical Forge profile rule of "one and one only," and I laughed when I did it. Ha!

Best,
Ron

Alan

Last Movie: Die Hard 2 (For the second time!  It's as bad as I remembered.)

Last Book: Red Planet by Robert Heinlein (Ice skating the canals of Mars!  Woo Hoo!)

Last RPG: Castles and Crusades (Yeah, well, I go along with it cuz they play my crazy narrativist games once in a while.)
- Alan

A Writer's Blog: http://www.alanbarclay.com

Lance D. Allen

Last movie seen in it's entirety: A Knight's Tale; Gotta love the corny, anachronistic take on medieval life.

Last book read cover to cover: Kushiel's Chosen, by Jacqueline Carey; This trilogy seems to be popular among some of my female friends.. Very good, if a bit disturbing at times.

Last game played a full session of: Hm. I'd say InSpectres, but we ran out of steam mid-way through our 40 franchise dice, and so Lx retroactively decided that there were only 20. If that doesn't count, it would be session two of our second town in DitV.
~Lance Allen
Wolves Den Publishing
Eternally Incipient Publisher of Mage Blade, ReCoil and Rats in the Walls

Ben Lehman

Last thing watched:  Sin City, which was spottily excellent.

Last thing read: The Shadow of Yesterday.  Okay, actual book?  Book of the New Sun, by Gene Wolfe.

Last game played:  Purana, Santo Sengupta's Vedic HeroQuest.  Also, Polaris!  And more Polaris tonight!  And the next day!  And the day after that!

Bill Cook

Movie - Sin City
Book - The Paradox of Choice
RPG - BW

Selene Tan

Last movie - Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence (and I watched most of Bourne Supremacy but didn't bother sitting through the whole thing)

Last book - Terry Pratchett's Monstrous Regiment

Last game session - I ran InSpectres. Blast, I should write that session up...
RPG Theory Wiki
UeberDice - Dice rolls and distribution statistics with pretty graphs

C. Edwards

Movie:  Traffic

Book:  The Maltese Falcon

RPG:  Primetime Adventures

-Chris

Frank T

Movie: "The Good Cop" by Lasse Spang Olsen (for whatever reason they named it so in English, the German title was "They Eat Dogs in China")

Novel: "Dragons of a Vanished Moon" by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman

Game: Star Wars d6 by Bill Smith (originally Greg Costikyan)

ScottM

1) Sin City
2) LeGuin's The Beginning Place
3) D&D, 3.5, Dad's campaign.

Scott
Hey, I'm Scott Martin. I sometimes scribble over on my blog, llamafodder. Some good threads are here: RPG styles.

Jeph

Film: The Taking of Pellum One Two Three. Charming heist movie from the childhood of my farther about the hijacking of a subway train in New York City.

Book: Either Children of Dune or Idoru; I forget which I finished first.

Game: Dungeons and Dragons, 3rd edition, as a player of a wizard. The game's at those wonderful levels where the characters have a degree of real power and, with sufficient planning, can kick nearly anything's ass, but get their butts kicked whenever they rush headlong into a situation; that is, whenever they fail to execute a scry-teleport-scry ambush assault.
Jeffrey S. Schecter: Pagoda / Other

John Kim

Last movie: Finding Forrester (something of a disappointment)

Last book: Barrayar, by Lois McMaster Bujold

Last RPG: Buffy the Vampire Slayer RPG (the long-standing Silicon Valley Slayage campaign that I'm now co-GMing)
- John

Rich Forest

Movie? The Incredibles
Novel? The Lord of the Rings (and this was a couple years ago, wow)
Game? D&D 3.5

rafial

Oh boy does this come at a bad moment for any pretentions of coolness i might have had:

Film - Sin City
Book - War of Honor by David Weber
RPG - Castles & Crusades

Christopher Weeks