News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Come as you are party!

Started by Sean, April 05, 2005, 10:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean

OK - for this thread:

1) What was the last film you saw in its entirety?

2) What was the last novel you read cover to cover?

3) What was the last rpg you played a complete session of?

I'll start:

Red River, with John Wayne, directed by Howard Hawks.

Sword of the Gael, by Andrew J. Offutt.

Universalis, by Ralph Mazza and Mike Holmes. Or if that didn't count as a complete session (we were all pretty drunk after the third exchange), then it was the Tekumel LARP at UCon in Ann Arbor, Michigan, which was a blast. Six-GM crew, including such awesome talents as John Schippers, Simone Cooper, and Joe Saul and Edwin Voskamp who designed the new GoO game. No idea what system they were using, but the thing that drove it so well, as with most LARPs of my experience, was that the individual character victory conditions were woven together really well so that you were likely to cross paths with others in interesting ways over the course of the evening.

Paul Czege

[list=1][*]Man on the Train (L'Homme du Train)
[*]The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
[*]Empire of Satanis (the pre-current version without all the Director power and story control mechanics)[/list:o]Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Andy Kitkowski

Quote from: Sean1) What was the last film you saw in its entirety?

Asoka (for the fourth time).

For me, I consider "Anime Series" to be like a movie... just 12-20 hours long.  So for me, it would be the anime series Twelve Kingdoms, which totally kicked my fucking ass so hard that I'd recommend it to anyone here. In fact, I'll begina  topic about it later here.

Quote2) What was the last novel you read cover to cover?

Shit, it's been awhile... Armor by John Steakley?

Quote3) What was the last rpg you played a complete session of?

The Shadow of Yesterday, set in my homebrew "Faux China meets Stargate" world.
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Andrew Morris

1) Sin City
2) Crossroads of Twillight by Robert Jordan -- Unless you actually mean from physical cover to cover. I haven't bought an actual, printed-on-paper novel since I found out I could put e-books on my Palm Pilot.
3) Universalis
Download: Unistat

Keith Senkowski

1) Sin City
2) The Book of Laughter and Forgetting, Milan Kundera... I'm a Kundera junky.
3) Burning Midnight (Burning Wheel Midnight game)

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Matt Snyder

1) The Bourne Supremacy, a mediocre spy flick

2) Motherless Brooklyn, one of the finest novels I've ever read

3) Mutants & Masterminds, in a really nifty balls-to-the-wall "one-shot" where the supers hunted down villains assigned to the face cards, aces, and jokers of a deck of cards (an idea from the Iraqi most wanted playing cards deck)
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Thor Olavsrud

1) Sin City

2) Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, by PKD

3) HeroQuest, in a conventional PCs are members of a Heortling Clan struggling with the occupation game. It's new to me, so I'm having a blast running it.

jrs

1. Purple Butterfly (Zi Hudie)
2. My Uncle Oswald / Roald Dahl
3. Nine Worlds

Julie

Emily Care

latest flick Venus Boys, great documentary about Drag Kings.

latest novel The Martians by Kim Stanley Robinson. Collection of short stories, does that count?

latest game Well, I'm tempted to say Aria since Tom & I made our goal of getting through an interactive history session within only 5-6 hrs.  But we'd have needed a nother day or two to really dig in.  So prolly Primetime Adventures.

Em
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

xenopulse

Last movie, Fog of War: 11 Lessons from the Life of Robert McNamarra.

Aside from the draft of my manuscript, the last novel was George R.R. Martin's Storm of Swords (for the 3rd time).

Last RPG session, the freeform game I GM online called Legacy of Horutep.

Judd

Quote from: SeanOK - for this thread:

1) What was the last film you saw in its entirety?

2) What was the last novel you read cover to cover?

3) What was the last rpg you played a complete session of?

1) The Claim...rockin' flick, if a bit heavy-handed in its themes.

2) The Scar by China Meiville...a floating pirate city, a leviathan, dirigibles, vampires, magic words that fiddle with probability...amazing.

3) I ran Conspiracy of Shadows this Sunday.  Great stuff.

Lee Short

last film -- Guantanamera a Spanish-language "a day in the life" road-trip film.  Liked it, didn't love it

last novel -- Hmm.  Don't read a ton of fiction these days.  Probably Lem's Hospital of the Transfiiguration.  

last game -- Dogs in the Rigging, my embryonic pirate ripoff of DitV.

Andrew Cooper

1.)  This weekend I watched:
      a.) Friday Night Lights - A mediocre (at best) football movie.  The last 20 minutes were the best part but hardly worth waiting for.
      b.) Troy - I liked this movie a lot more than I thought I would.  I still wanted to kill Paris for being such a putz though.
      c.) The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy - Two of the best espionage movies ever made, in my opinion.  Even though they had absolutely zero to do with the books.

2.)  The Outstretched Shadow by Anne McCaffrey and um... another author.  I enjoyed it enough that I'm going to read the next two books.

3.)  D&D 3.5 - I DM a bi-weekly game.

Clinton R. Nixon

Last movie: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Say what you want, but I got teary. That movie was heartwrenching and beautiful. (Also, it confirmed that I may in fact be in love with Kate Winslet. I get swoony.)

Last book: Working by Studs Terkel. Read it. You might quit your job afterwards, though.

Last RPG: Dogs in the Vineyard.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

lumpley

The Incredibles on DVD. By the way, anyone who thinks that's a libertarian or conservative flick can bite me.

The Gunslinger by Steven King.

Primetime Adventures!

-Vincent