News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Trollbabe] Sales spike

Started by Ron Edwards, April 06, 2005, 11:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirogit

Quote from: b_bankheadHey has this sales spike also lead to a play spike?  If so would new Trollbabers(?) like to play online with an experienced player and GM?
Lately I play online at the #indierpgs channel on magicstar.net  , where some of the leading lights in indie gaming also hang out.

I put a set-up thread for such on the indie-netgamign board.

JamesDJIII

I just purchased my copy... and wow!- Good job Ron.

I was spurred to purchase over my initial "that's darn geeky" reaction to the title by a description of the conflict resolution as opposed to task resolution mechanics.

Just finished reading it... thanks again Ron for a good product worth every buck I spent.

remi

Hi all,

as they say in the gross point blank movie "long time listnener, first time caller". (i.e., long time reader, first time poster, and long time gamer, recent indie gamer).

I bought Sorcerer several years ago in Paris. I cant' explain why but I was not excited about pdf.

Then, Wushu has been translated in french and I bought the pdf recently.
It was an eye opener (both the game and the distribution mode).
In the past few months, I have bought numerous indie games (InSpectres,
Elfs, TSOF, TROS, Cats,...). One of them is Trollbabe, I bought it for
many reasons, one of them is this sentence in TSOY "(In Ron Edwards' Trollbabe, this is called the free-and-clear stage.)"

--Remi

PS: Ron and Clinton thank you for this web site.

matthijs

I bought one right now, as a result of this thread :) If everyone else is doing it, I want to do it too. See, that's why I like indie games, we're all individuals making our well-informed choices, not affected by what other people say is cool and hot right now, and uh...

Ron Edwards

Hi everyone,

Although a number of the recent purchases remain unexplained, a lot of them now seem to be the result of cross-reference advertising and mentions in other games. Which is a very good thing, and perhaps a little payback for all the advertising I do in my games.

Note to self: get more Sorcerer, Elfs, and Trollbabe ads into upcoming games. Also: continue non-reciprocal advertising (i.e., not demanding anything) for existing and upcoming games in all Adept titles.

Best,
Ron