News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Ontari-ari-ari-o! (politely seeking Central Canadian gamers)

Started by Rob MacDougall, April 06, 2005, 02:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob MacDougall

In about three months I'm going to be moving from Boston, Massachusetts to London, Ontario, Canada.

I'm looking forward to the move, but I fear my gaming choices will suffer. Boston is a gaming hothouse, and I know tons of talented gamers here that are interested in a wide variety of games. I'm sort of dreading moving to a smaller city with a much smaller pool of potential gamers.  Are there any Forge-ites in the London, Ontario area - or in Toronto, Hamilton, Waterloo, etc.? (TO may be too far a trek for regular gaming but I'll certainly be making the trip from time to time.)

Speak up and be counted! (Or shyly PM me!)

Bryan_T

I'm in totally the wrong part of the province, but I wanted to point out that London hosts a pretty fair sized university and a community college, so there are bound to be some gamers there.

I went to university in Waterloo, lo those many years ago, and there were certainly a fair passel of gamers there.  Of course, not all university gamers may be of interest to you, but maybe you could infect them with the Forge virus and make things better for generations to come.

-Bryan

greyorm

I have a good friend who lives in Ontario, and used to live in London/rented a flat there. I don't know if he still has that flat there, or games in that area, but if you want I can hook you up with him. If you're game (no pun intended), PM me your e-mail and I'll send it along with anything else you might want (letter of introduction or whatever).
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Tymen

I'm from Ottawa, currently playing with a group that's been rping together for about 1o to 15 years. I've picked up a lot of the Indie games out there and am itching to try them all.

Rob MacDougall

I like Ottawa, I worked there 2 summers during university, but I'm not driving five hours to get my indie game on. Come on, Western Ontario, represent!

Bryan: You're right, of course. Any university town will generally have at least some gaming community. And I don't have much problem with university gamers if they won't mind gaming with a member of the faculty.

Greyorm: Thanks! I may take you up on that when the move gets a little closer.

Anybody else?

Piers

I'm in Toronto, but I don't really have a reliable regular group right now.  On the other hand this might be a good time to work on that.

CCW

I'm also in Toronto.  I could arrange a game sometime, but probably not for a couple of months.

Charles
Charles Wotton