News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Iron Game Chef Parlour Game! With 100% Less Game Design!

Started by Doug Ruff, April 06, 2005, 04:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Ruff

Important - This is not a real Iron Game Chef thread! That's verboten.

Here's the game. I'm going to post a couple of Keywords at the end of this post.

Next person has to post a blurb for an entirely ficticious game based on my two words. They then get to add another Keyword.

Next player posts some promotional material for a completely new ficticious game based on as many Keywords they can stuff in from previous threads as possible.

Keep the posts short, really SELL me your fake games without actually designing any rules for them.

Wanna play? Here's the first couple of Keywords:

Blood
Water
'Come and see the violence inherent in the System.'

DevP

SeaBards of BloodWater - Songspell-slinging scury rockstar pirates sail across a steampunk/rust-age ocean world of imperialism, rebellion and destiny!

Punk

Lxndr

(I'd like to add one minor rule:  you must, at the VERY least, use the keyword from the last person to post.  Otherwise I could just skip Dev's "Punk" for instance.  Hopefully this is punk enough.)

Chums: Swimming with Sharks - In a world rapidly losing its remaining land to a combination of global warming and a bombardment of ice-comets, the disenfranchised are slowly adapting to aquatic life while the nomenklatura live a life of isolated luxurience.  Of course, while the haves stay behind, the have-nots are finding a brand new life in the deeps, and a revolution is coming...

new word: agape (the noun, not the adjective please)
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

Doug Ruff

Quote from: Lxndr(I'd like to add one minor rule:  you must, at the VERY least, use the keyword from the last person to post.  Otherwise I could just skip Dev's "Punk" for instance.  Hopefully this is punk enough.)

Rule added! If there's a cross-post, next person gets to pick up the scraps.

Love and Needles - What would you give up for a friend? Money? In the Undercity, money means nothing. The Citizens in the city above keep you poor, thirsty and penniless. That way, you can't refuse when the Donor Wagons come round to visit. You give them what they need for their advanced medical programs, they give you what you and your friends need to survive. And however much you give, there's never enough for everyone. Will you make the ultimate sacrifice? Or will you hang on to survival?

Next word: Mount (any meaning will do.)
'Come and see the violence inherent in the System.'

Harlequin

Sirocco Dreaming
In an Africa that never was, the caliphs of the nomadic peoples of the desert hold a secret.  The secret of the shamhazul, the horsebond, the link which distinguishes the holy Riders from undisciplined thugs.  In a world where family is stronger than steel, and water more precious than both, Allah the Compassionate has given each man a gift if he has the wits to find it: a steed that is his soul.  Somewhere in the desert the shamhazul waits to knock you to your knees and change your life forever...

Bonus points: Map that to Polaris for system.  Yum.

Add to keywords: Jupiter  (Phbbt.)

- Eric

Christopher Weeks

Punk-mount

See that freak with the blue mohawk and the Dead Kennedys stain on the back of his ratty army jacket?  That's your next bitch.  In Punk-mount you get to reinforce the ideal that money and breeding matter, that those people are lower than dog shit and that you can actualize your inherent superiority through sexual domination.  This is a game for the whole bourgeois family -- introduce your kids to proper family values while having fun at others' expense!

New word: Picasso

Ben Lehman

Red Storm:

Over the ever twisting storm of the Great Red Spot, is it any wonder that a new type of art would emerge, a new way of looking at the world?  The cubists, the dadaists, the surrealists and others have all emerged from that tiny, dirty little bubble of air above the sky at Jupiter.

But now, the Agency for the Enforcement of Propriety has finally come to crack down on the burgeoning art, deemed "destabilizing to society."  You knew the dream of free expression could never last, but damned if you'll go down without a fight.  Can you maintain a triple life as worker, artist and revolutionary in the gruff, dirty, weightless halls of Jupiter Station?

Next: Eye

Tobias

The third coming

Ten years ago, the world went into shock as scientific follow-up to Dan Brown's DaVinci Code revealed that Picasso was a descendant from Jesus.

Documentation surfaced that, like Jesus, Picasso had, at least at one occasion, turned water into wine. He also hinted that a secret hinted at in the sentence 'this is my body, this is my blood' was hidden in his (lost) painting "The Eye of Jupiter". Also, Picasso had apostles, and together, they performed agape's (love feasts) with many a world leader, or financial giant. Picasso held these services at Tibidabo Mountain in Barcelona.

Cults quickly formed, but societal collapse also followed as non-cultist distrust of government and big brother tore open the rift between believer and non-believer, rich and poor.

You're a poor punk, your jeans threadbare. You're a descendant of Picasso's. Your family's spoken of the painting with more knowledge than the common citizen or even the intelligence agencies have.

You are... the third coming.

Next word: Deepsea.
Tobias op den Brouw

- DitV misses dead gods in Augurann
- My GroupDesign .pdf.

Lxndr

Neptune's Knights

The world lies in ruins.  The seas run red with the blood of both gods and men.  The three brothers finally have turned at each other's throats, and a world that had long forgotten them now knows all too well they are real.

Battered and beaten, Pluto has locked down the UnderWorld - the dead cannot find rest, and now haunt the planet.  Jupiter, the king of the gods, master of storms, has made sure the sun will never be seen again.  The only place that is safe for humans is the deep sea, where Neptune hides all those people he can shelter.

Your characters are his paladins, filled with his love and his power, the only force left that is on humanity's side.  Astride on your sea horses, you ride the storms and the waves to save whatever people you can, and to stymie the armies of Jupiter wherever you can find them.

It is the eye of the storm.  The end of the world.  And you are Neptune's Knights.

Next:  Telemarketing
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming