News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Wow, now THAT takes me back...

Started by Andy Kitkowski, April 08, 2005, 03:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Kitkowski

Just found this on Tony's RPG archive:

Age of Heroes v4.0 by Brian Gleichman, Bryan Harsh, Terri Gleichman
Old URL "http://home.earthlink.net/~bgleichman/"
Keywords: genre fantasy long
A detailed fantasy-genre system. It uses percentile rolls. Character creation is class-based with mixed random-roll and point-buying. 98 pages PDF.
Removed from the Net by its author (June '03), who further asked that all copies of his work be removed from circulation. It was removed because he felt that he should have no online presence to be "attacked".

I also found some old-old RPGNet forum posts, too.  It's like going through your picture album, and stumbling over pics of that psycho ex you dated for a while...
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Jason L Blair

Aaaaaaah. Now them's was good times.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Brennan Taylor

Quote from: Andy KitkowskiA detailed fantasy-genre system. It uses percentile rolls. Character creation is class-based with mixed random-roll and point-buying. 98 pages PDF.
Removed from the Net by its author (June '03), who further asked that all copies of his work be removed from circulation. It was removed because he felt that he should have no online presence to be "attacked".

Sounds almost exactly like my own Heartbreaker, The Legend of Yore. Of course, I was never "attacked" about that game.

Gordon C. Landis

For all his faults, Brian is responsible for convincing me that the Forge is really, really right about Gamism, and (most of) his criticisms were really, really wrong.

For that, I thank him :-)

Gordon
www.snap-game.com (under construction)

C. Edwards

The Gleichman. I saw him a couple days ago. He drove by in a cadillac, Elvis was in the passenger seat. I'm not sure, but I think Jimmy Hoffa was in the back.

-Chris

Jason L Blair

Elvis, Hoffa, and the Gleichman TOGETHER?

It truly is an age of heroes.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Asrogoth

Wow... I went back and did a search.

That guy seemed a bit fried.

Closing up shop because he was criticized too much on the internet?

What's up with that?

Evil GNS-mongering slanderers?

Ooookay.... Well, I'm glad the Forge survived.

Happy B-Day Forge!
"We know what we know because someone told us it was so."

John Kim

Quote from: Andy KitkowskiJust found this on Tony's RPG archive:
Er, whose RPG archive?  Ahem.  (This is from my free RPG list at http://www.darkshire.net/~jhkim/rpg/freerpgs/ )

But seriously, yeah, Brian was pretty wacky about leaving (as well as at other times).  But he did contribute some good stuff during his time.  Early on, he was one of the people who did really serious reviews of free RPG systems.  He also came up with the Interaction Model for campaign morality which I still think is a very good concept.  You can browse his old pages still via the Internet Archive:

http://web.archive.org/web/20021122025350/home.attbi.com/~b.gleichman/

So while he exited with little grace, I feel a little bad about putting in that comment at the end (which was true but unsporting of me).  [/b]
- John

Andy Kitkowski

Quote from: John KimEr, whose RPG archive?  Ahem.

Ack!  Crap, man.  For like months now, I keep getting "John Kim" confused with "TonyLB".  And I Have No Idea Why. Seriously.  Weird.

BTW, sorry about flaking out on the Japanese side of things- I've got so many concurrent projects right now I don't have time to catalog J-RPGs.  But in a few months, when I get www.j-rpg.com up to speed, I'll see what I can do...

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

GB Steve

For all his faults, the big G was interesting and consistent and I kinda liked him. Even though we never agreed on anything.

Absent Friends!