News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Good night, and thanks...

Started by Doug Ruff, April 08, 2005, 07:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Ruff

It's already 9th April here, and when I wake up in the morning this forum will be closed for another year.

It's been a real privilege to be able to let my hair down with all of you.

My Forge Resolution for this year is to post at least two free PDF games by the time the next thread comes around. And to do my best to make sure they don't suck too much.

Goodnight.

Doug
'Come and see the violence inherent in the System.'

joshua neff

I want to add my own thanks.

I don't post on here nearly as much as I used to. I've grown tired of most of the theory, to be honest. I read the Actual Play threads religiously, and a lot of the forums for the various games and designers are constant reads for me. But I find that I don't often have anything I feel is worth posting.

But I've made friends through this website, and that counts for a whole hell of a lot. I wish I could hang out with you guys more. I'm glad I've gotten to game and hang out with at least some of the people here.

Anyway, I just want to again thank Ron and Clinton for this site. And I want to thank everyone who contributes for making this site what it is.

Cheers.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Shreyas Sampat

My new Forge resolution is to try to be slightly helpful in two Game Design threads a week, or very helpful in one!

Catch y'all on the flip side.

Joshua A.C. Newman

My resolution is to have Under the Bed published this year, with people playing and everything.

Thank you so much, Forge. You've been such a tremendous help. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with my game design before, and you made it crystal clear. Now it's my job to fix it!

It's also been great talking with folks here about all sorts of other stuff for the last few days. It makes a much more 3-D social experience.
the glyphpress's games are Shock: Social Science Fiction and Under the Bed.

I design books like Dogs in the Vineyard and The Mountain Witch.

TonyLB

My resolution is to understand Character Development as well as I (think) this year has helped me to understand Conflict Resolution.

My hope is to break innovative new theoretical ground.  Possibly on a theory of Situation Development which draws on similarities in current known theory of Character Development, to provide a theoretical framework in which to understand techniques like pacing as the application of known principles to a well-mapped dynamic of narrative.  

Or, y'know, to eat less Doritos.  Either one looks well beyond my grasp today, but tomorrow is another day.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Chris Goodwin

I have no resolution, but I too want to thank Ron and Clinton for having this site up.  Without it I wouldn't have bought Primetime Adventures or Dogs in the Vineyard.  I also wouldn't have known that there was any different way to roleplay than the ways I learned when I was 15.
Chris Goodwin
cgoodwin@gmail.com