News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The ransom is paid. Meatbot Massacre is released.

Started by Daniel Solis, April 09, 2005, 01:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Solis

Yup. Many months ahead of schedule, the full ransom for Meatbot Massacre has been paid and it's now available for download.

Previous threads about Meatbot Massacre and the Ransom Model can be found here and here. (Many thanks to Ron for starting that second thread.)

If you look on the Ransom Model page, you'll find a bit of information about notable statistics and events that happened during the course of the ransom. Specifically, the post-holiday lull, how posting new preview art affected activity and donations, and the relationship between the number of visitors and the number of actual donors. I'm hardly a math guy so it's not too in-depth, but if this information helps out future ransom distribution, that'd be great.

It's been such a cool experience working with someone as talented as Señor Stolze. I've learned a lot from him. Anyhoo, we're already talking about future projects together, possibly distributed under the ransom model as well. Who knows, if the ransom model really takes off with lots of developers, there might be a central website where current ransom information on various games could be found. Hmm...

Well, enough mushy stuff, Meatbot Massacre really is a fun game. As I said in the first thread, it's not really an RPG, but it's cool nonetheless. Check it out. Spread it around. The ransom's been paid. Meatbot Massacre is free. :)
¡El Luchacabra Vive!
-----------------------
Meatbot Massacre
Giant robot combat. No carbs.