News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Anyone recognize these "Clipart" pieces

Started by daMoose_Neo, April 12, 2005, 01:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daMoose_Neo

Hey-

Came across these: http://www.hasslefreeclipart.com/cart_fantasy/page1.html

I rather like them, they're pretty neat looking, which is what bothers me. Clip art usually makes me go *ugh*
I have a use for a few of these, but I want to make sure I'm not stepping on anyones copyright, I don't trust clip art sites all the time either (unless its like "Clipart.com" which has proven to be reputable).
I'm doing my own research, but I wanted to check here as well to see if they're legit.
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

jdagna

They look very much like Disney's animated King Arthur movie (Sword in the Stone?).  Some of the character faces and the purple dragon seem particularly similar, but the style is a little different, so someone may have redrawn them using the movie for inspiration.
Justin Dagna
President, Technicraft Design.  Creator, Pax Draconis
http://www.paxdraconis.com

Silmenume

I'm reminded of the old arcade game (that ran off a laser disc) that I think went by the name of "Dragon Slayer."  Also one of the dragons reminded me vaguely of "Pete's Dragon."
Aure Entuluva - Day shall come again.

Jay

Asrogoth

Quote from: SilmenumeI'm reminded of the old arcade game (that ran off a laser disc) that I think went by the name of "Dragon Slayer."

Dragon's Lair.

:)
"We know what we know because someone told us it was so."

C. Edwards

They look entirely generic to me but drawn to emulate, as Justin said, a familiar style.

-Chris

lumpley

I have some of those on a CD I bought many years ago. Let me see if I can dig it up and see what it says.

-Vincent

daMoose_Neo

There are a couple gallaries in the same style, so I knew they weren't directly ripped from one source or another.

That'd be cool Vincent, thanks ^_^
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

Mike Holmes

Huh, one of those knights at least looks very Kovalic. Like something out of Munchkin.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

madelf

I think I recognize a number of those from Clipart.com
Calvin W. Camp

Mad Elf Enterprises
- Freelance Art & Small Press Publishing
-Check out my clip art collections!-

daMoose_Neo

Thats what I came to find.
I chose a couple, villager and knight, as I knew they'd be in the clear.
Nate Petersen / daMoose