News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A new printing of CoS?

Started by urbwar, April 16, 2005, 01:51:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urbwar

Keith,

I met Brennan Taylor from IPR last weekend at I-Con. He said something about you possibly doing a new printing of CoS that was smaller in size, and that it might include the alternate material found on your site (Cell Creation, Threat Creation, etc).

I just thought I'd post real quick, and find out if any of that info is true. Cause if it is, I will likely order 1-2 new copies, and pass my current copy onto a friend (and hopefully turn him onto the game as well).
Join the Buffy Rpg Mailing list:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/btvsrpg-eden/

Keith Senkowski

Hey boss,

It be true.  We (meaning me and the missus) are in the process of revising the sucker.  It cleans up the rules and text (all sorts of editing) and will be 6 x 9 (new cover and some new art too).  It also will include more detailed Conspiracy creation rules, stuff from the web site, a detailed guide for creating games, stuff on playing the game, and some other odds and ends.  It looks like it will be 160 pages.

However, if you have the original, don't worry.  I am releasing the revised system under license system (like creative commons or something).  It will be posted to the web site.  That way older copies won't be obsolete.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

urbwar

Quote from: Bob GoatHey boss,

It be true.  We (meaning me and the missus) are in the process of revising the sucker.  It cleans up the rules and text (all sorts of editing) and will be 6 x 9 (new cover and some new art too).  It also will include more detailed Conspiracy creation rules, stuff from the web site, a detailed guide for creating games, stuff on playing the game, and some other odds and ends.  It looks like it will be 160 pages.

However, if you have the original, don't worry.  I am releasing the revised system under license system (like creative commons or something).  It will be posted to the web site.  That way older copies won't be obsolete.

Keith

Keith,

Ok, so the detailed Conspiracy Creation rules will be in it. What about the other stuff (Cell Creation, the expanded rules on Magic/Witchblood powers, Threat Creation and revised Fear rules)? Or is some of that going into the GM book?

Also, I'm not worried about whether the old version is obsolete. As I stated in my other post, I can just pass it onto someone else, and hopefully turn them onto the game. I'd still buy the new version, as I want to run the game, and while I like the idea of creative commons, I still like to support BGP by buying an actual copy or two for me to run games with. I still like the feel of a book in my hand :)

Keith Senkowski

Expanded Cell Creation, expanded magic/witchblood, expanded Threat creation, revised horror and expanded taint rules will all be in it.  Also  added a new mechanic for utilizing Cell assets, a new mechanic called piety (kinda a religious moral barometer that affects game play), and a revised character improvement/destiny pool system.  She be a leaner meaner fighting machine.

Oh and there isn't going to be a GM book now.  I am rolling it all into this one big book.  It will have everything you need, for Players and GMs.

Keith
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.

urbwar

Quote from: Bob GoatExpanded Cell Creation, expanded magic/witchblood, expanded Threat creation, revised horror and expanded taint rules will all be in it.  Also  added a new mechanic for utilizing Cell assets, a new mechanic called piety (kinda a religious moral barometer that affects game play), and a revised character improvement/destiny pool system.  She be a leaner meaner fighting machine.

Sounds great! So when will it be available? I can't wait to order it from IPR all ready :)

Quote from: Bob Goat
Oh and there isn't going to be a GM book now.  I am rolling it all into this one big book.  It will have everything you need, for Players and GMs.
Keith

Gotcha. So basically, everything in one package now, and for those who own the original printing, all the new material available on your website (I guess in one big pdf file?).

Works for me. I might even get to run the game later this year when NerdNYC has the Gotham Gaming Guild #3. I've been helping playtest some CoC stuff for a friend, so I've been getting the itch to run some CoS finally

Keith Senkowski

Quote from: urbwarSounds great! So when will it be available? I can't wait to order it from IPR all ready :)

That's the big question right?  The text is all layed out and being edited (which of course may change the layout a bit).  I have a few more pieces of art to finish, and some new maps.  I hope to have it done (ready for press) by May, though the editing is taking a while since my wife is doing it this time (free labor) and we both have busy schedules.

Quote from: urbwarGotcha. So basically, everything in one package now, and for those who own the original printing, all the new material available on your website (I guess in one big pdf file?).

Works for me. I might even get to run the game later this year when NerdNYC has the Gotham Gaming Guild #3. I've been helping playtest some CoC stuff for a friend, so I've been getting the itch to run some CoS finally

Not a PDF file, but a large html file (similar to what Clinton did with his stuff).  It will have all the rules and stuff, but unformated.  I'm thinking of also leaving out the non-rules stuff, but haven't decided yet.

Keith

urbwar

That's the big question right?  The text is all layed out and being edited (which of course may change the layout a bit).  I have a few more pieces of art to finish, and some new maps.  I hope to have it done (ready for press) by May, though the editing is taking a while since my wife is doing it this time (free labor) and we both have busy schedules.

so tentatively, late may-june. That's cool. I am considering running CoS for the next Gotham Gaming Guild, which won't be until September, so as long as I can get it by early August, I'll be happy :)

Not a PDF file, but a large html file (similar to what Clinton did with his stuff).  It will have all the rules and stuff, but unformated.  I'm thinking of also leaving out the non-rules stuff, but haven't decided yet.

Keith

Gotcha. So you said you're going to go the Creative Commons route with CoS now? So other people could take your system, and come up with new material for it (or their own games using the system)?

Keith Senkowski

Yeah Creative Commons.  Folks can take it and do what they please.  It agrees with my anti-copyright law sentiment.  I'm a firm believer in the 7/14 year law that was originally in place before Disney screwed America out of our rights.  

However, I'm not going to make it as easy as Clinton did.  I'm only posting the three system chapters though as a long, unformated html file.  It doesn't preclude you from using the other content of the book, it just makes you have to at least buy the PDF.  I'm a bastard like that.

Keith

Keith Senkowski

Quote from: Bob GoatI'm a firm believer in the 7/14 year law that was originally in place before Disney screwed America out of our rights.  

I'm an ass as well as a bastard as it seems.  It was 14/14 year law, not 7/14.  Feel free to punch me next time you see me, though I will retaliate...

Keith

urbwar

Quote from: Bob GoatYeah Creative Commons.  Folks can take it and do what they please.  It agrees with my anti-copyright law sentiment.  I'm a firm believer in the 7/14 year law that was originally in place before Disney screwed America out of our rights.  

That's really cool. I've got an idea for a pulp fantasy setting, and CoS/TSOY both kind of fit it, in different ways. Maybe I can do 2 versions :)

However, I'm not going to make it as easy as Clinton did.  I'm only posting the three system chapters though as a long, unformated html file.  It doesn't preclude you from using the other content of the book, it just makes you have to at least buy the PDF.  I'm a bastard like that.

Keith

Nothing wrong with that. Each person does things their own way :)