News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Game (Iron) Chef Contest: It's back! (May 21-29)

Started by Andy Kitkowski, May 06, 2005, 02:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Kitkowski

Hey all, just wanted to drop this bomb:  Been working with Mike H and Ralph to bring back the Game Chef: This time, a little bigger, a little prettier, and off of the Forge forums to not only ply to the bevvy of Forge regs who always show up, but to hopefully get others to notice, too.

http://www.game-chef.com

Tell your friends, post about it on your Blog, wear it in your .sig, whatever you need to do to get the word out.  There's only a few weeks before it begins.

If you have any questions about the Game Chef contest, please feel free to ask!

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Eero Tuovinen

Foolish man, it's Iron Game Chef, not Game Iron Chef! Get your facts straight.

Otherwise, the site's looking good. The color scheme is relaxing, but perhaps a little insterile... Shouldn't chefs have stainless steel and white linoleum?
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

Andy Kitkowski

Quote from: Eero TuovinenOtherwise, the site's looking good. The color scheme is relaxing, but perhaps a little insterile... Shouldn't chefs have stainless steel and white linoleum?

It's a kinder, gentler era of chef-fing.
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Andrew Morris

On the site, you mention that two of the 2004 entrants are in pre-publishing. I'm assuming that's Polaris and Mountain Witch. But don't forget Ganakagok -- it might not be at the pre-publishing stage, but Bill's still working on it, I believe. I played it at Dreamation 2005, and really enjoyed it. Just thought you might want to include that somehow.
Download: Unistat

Asrogoth

Woohoo!!

I'm looking forward to this year's contest.

As far as God Lore is concerned (from last year), I'm actually working with an artist for artwork and still waiting to publish.
"We know what we know because someone told us it was so."

Valamir

That's the coolest thing about Iron Game Chef...how many of the games are not only playable, but with a little spit and polish...publishable.  

Pretty sweet.

BrennaLaRosa

"The new day is a great big fish."
--Terry Pratchett, 2004

"Who painted the kitten?"
--Avenue Q

"A good non-sequitor is like a pickle: You have to tickle the toast before you can put the trenchcoat on the honey-baked elephant."

Mike Holmes

Bwahahahahaha!

Yes, Iron Game Chef returns with more support and organization than ever before!

[*]Can you design a game in only 9 days!

[*]Do you dare take on the competition!

[*]Are there those yet alive amongst designers who will accept the challenge?

[*]Who shall be crowned this year's Champion? [/list:u][/size]
    We shall see!

The time nears! Be in preparation! Let all know so that they, too, may take the challenge!
    Member of Indie Netgaming
    -Get your indie game fix online.

ADGBoss

You know, this may be a good time for azuredragon.com web redsign version 29 :) Just in time for Iron Chef

Count me In

Sean
    AzDPBoss
    www.azuredragon.com

Mike Holmes

Only one day left till the announcement of the contest "ingredients"!

If you haven't checked it out, the details are here: http://www.game-chef.com

Be there or be a right quadrilateral!

Any last minute questions?

Mike

Paul Czege

I'd swear earlier announcements, and the text on the page said the ingredients would be announced after 9:00 on the 19th. Am I misremembering?

Paul
    My Life with Master knows codependence.
    And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Andy Kitkowski

Hmmm, I don't recall making that mistake, but I could have.  Currently (and for the last week or so), right on the top of the page currently it says:

"This year's Game Chef event will take place from May 21st to May 29th (9 days total, two weekends). Come back on May 20th after 9:00PM EST to see this year's "Ingredients" and begin your own design!"

Even though the contest officially begins on Sat, I did this so that our friends in Europe and Asia didn't get too badly screwed by the time difference (9PM on Fri EST is approx 11AM on Sat in Japan/Australlia)

-Andy

Mike Holmes

Just to be clear, and just to get everyone agitated...

Less than 8 hours remain until the contest begins!!!
    Thanks for Your Attention,
    Mike

PlotDevice

Aaaaand it's done!

Check out what was made in a week with a bit of spice for motivation!

http://www.1km1kt.net/GameChef/Game_Chef_2005.php

Wow...
    Evangelos (Evan) Paliatseas

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Ninjas, for they are subtle and quick to radioactively decapitate."

Mike Holmes

Thanks for posting the link, Evan. And thanks to everyone once again. A stellar bunch of submissions once again.

Mike