News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

sloooooooooow email notifications

Started by Silmenume, May 20, 2005, 07:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silmenume

Recently I've noticed that the email notifications I've been receiving of posting activity to subcribed threads is lagging by over 12 hours or more.  Is this standard or is it due to the fact that AOHell is my email server?
Aure Entuluva - Day shall come again.

Jay

Valamir

I've always had that issue with Forge notifications.  Typically I'll get notices that I received a PM long after I've already read it, responded to it, read the response to my response and responded again.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn its a result of AOL's spam block and virus checking slowing things down.  Or just a general traffic jam on their highly trafficked mail servers.

Valamir

Case in point, I just got an email notification at 11:46 PM on the 21st for a PM that was recieved 7:48AM on the 20th...

thats...40 hours later.  Needless to say, I'd already read and responded to the PM.

Andrew Morris

That's funny, I get notifications right away. Are you all using the same service?
Download: Unistat

xiombarg

Yes, I have to admit I get my notifications within a reasonable amount of time, tho not immediately. Could the problem be on the ISP side of things, as you suggest?
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

M. J. Young

As a data point, on those rare occasions (such as tonight) when I have cause to download my e-mail while reading the Forge threads (e.g., tonight my son is e-mailing files he needs me to print for school) I will often have notifications of new posts on threads to which I have just posted.

--M. J. Young

Mike Holmes

Yeah, I get em nigh instantly using a hotmail account.  

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Silmenume

It must be AO Hell.

Today, May 28th I just received a notification of a post that was made on the 24th!
Aure Entuluva - Day shall come again.

Jay