News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[GenCon] Previous customer counts & freebies

Started by daMoose_Neo, June 17, 2005, 01:36:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daMoose_Neo

I must say this has to be the shortest span for developing something and figuring out how to print it- in less than three days, I have not only a new CG design, functional with only limited playtesting needed, I have a print model as well thats easy, cheap, and quick (wow, who'da thought that possible)-

I'm going to have a decent order printed up by GenCon and the easiest way to go about getting folks into a CG is to give them the game. SO, being I'm bunking with the Forge, I want to offer a pack (or two!) with every sale through the booth. I want to make sure that
A) This is alright and
B) If A is true, how many should be set aside for such freebies?
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

Michael S. Miller

Hi, Nate.

Check out Forge Booth Triumphant for Ralph's excellent sales figures
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

Ron Edwards

Hi Nate,

Freebies are OK, if associated with sales of your stuff. I am reluctant to permit blanket freebies without everyone's consent.

If you do not want Nate's stuff handed out for free with sales of your stuff (and not his), then let me know by private email. All such messages will remain classified, known only to me.

Best,
Ron

Ben Lehman

Apropos of Ron's last post.

I am also planning on giving away freebies at the Forge booth, provided that I can get my act together about producing them.  The product would be a drink coaster with the rules for Over the Bar on it, a character sheet on the other side, and include at least one, hopefully more, of:

The TAO Games URL http://www.tao-games.com/
The No Press Anthology URL http://www.nopress.net/
The Forge URL http://www.indie-rpgs.com/
The Forge Booth's number WXYZ

Clearly, this is just for advertisement purposes, and to get people to come back to the booth.  My plan was to give one away with every purchase, with an option to buy a packet of 6-8 for a fiver or so.  I am happy to work out some other distribution method, if people aren't happy with the "free with purchase" method.

Here are some other thoughts:

1) A stack or a bowl next to the cash register with a "take one" placard beneath it.

2) Sell for uber-cheap, like 10¢ a pop (not even covering my costs), and maybe hopefully have a nice spot near the register for that impulse purchase.

3) Skip the booth entirely, and attempt to give them away to local bars, or pass them out to gamers in the halls (if GenCon rules allow).

Please let Ron know if you are okay with me giving this away with purchases of your stuff.

If discussion of freebies and other, similar options does not belong in this thread, I kindly ask a moderator to split this post into a new topic.

yrs--
--Ben

daMoose_Neo

Ben- sweet!

Tangent thought...would a Forge SWAG Bag be too much? Make a purchase, get a goody bag?

My product- 6 card pack of my new CG "Duelist System", probably featuring my entry for the MECH A RPG contest, Soul of Fury, prolly equal number human and alien packs.
Other Duelist System games will likely be available, including a Final Twilight set, a Backstage comicstrip-esque set, and others- just a note, this is an *awesome* system thats easy to develop for and print ^_^ Probably make it an open lisence or such...
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!