News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Newbie Designer on the Verge. Looking for Tips...

Started by Kyle Carter, June 22, 2005, 07:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyle Carter

Hello all, this is my first post on the Forge. From reading Ron's article, seems like he's got a good bead on the industry. I had some ideas for a post-apocalyptic rpg, similar to the Fallout PC Game. I even had a couple of ideas for a mechanic, I thought that the System Mechanic would be the best place to start developing the game, but after reading that article, I'm not so sure. It was both intriguing, and a bit confusing for me as well. From his article I came to the conclusion that I am in the Simulationism mode of thought, and I like the ideas presented in that mode.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has some tips for a newbie designer.

Thanks,

LordCarter

**edit** Sorry I realized that I posted this in the wrong place, moving to RPG Theory. http://www.indie-rpgs.com/viewtopic.php?p=168138#168138
The Secret to Creativity is knowing how to hide your sources. - Albert Einstein

Also for the those interested, I am a Graphic Designer, so I can help with your projects if you need it. Just PM me!

Ben Morgan

Well, I'll start it.

Here's the standard 1st question:

What do you want to see the characters do in this world you're creating?

[edit: Whoops, didn't see your edit. Never mind. I'll see what's developing over RPG theory.]

-- ben
-----[Ben Morgan]-----[ad1066@gmail.com]-----
"I cast a spell! I wanna cast... Magic... Missile!"  -- Galstaff, Sorcerer of Light