News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Swansong] tarot based narrative game - playtest version

Started by Joe J Prince, July 10, 2005, 09:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe J Prince

Well, it's been a while since I was last here, been pretty quiet on the old roleplay front...sad days.

Anyway, I've finally got a playtest version of my game ready.

It's quite narrativist, focussing on each PCs unfolding tale and binding them into a meta-plot.

It's not gamist in the traditional crunchy way -  the combat system is dynamic and allows a great deal of narrative control to reside with the players - if they play their cards right.
The mechanic is kind of poker with tarot cards, which allows a strategic bluffing game.

It's geared to a fantastical setting and you can play literally anything.
In one campaign we had a shepard boy possesed by an ancient warrior race,  a potential demi-god, a gun toting monk and a vapourous traveller from the elemental plane of water...And it all worked well!

I'm also confident *sound of gauntlet being thrown down* that the system is unbreakable and by unbreakable I mean munchkinproof...

Well, it's under 40 pages and I could do with some feedback - notification of glaring ommissions/ impenetrable prose etc :)

Unfortunately, I've been unable as yet to host the pdf anywhere, but if you PM me or delete the (antispambots) and email shadowofpod(antispambots)@hotmail.com
I'll send you a copy.

Cheers guys
Joe