News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, July 17, 2005, 02:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Czege

Ack! I'm an idiot! The default sort order for private messages is reversed. The ones I came looking for this morning, and couldn't find, were at the bottom of the page.
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Paul Czege on July 17, 2005, 04:38:33 PM
Ack! I'm an idiot! The default sort order for private messages is reversed. The ones I came looking for this morning, and couldn't find, were at the bottom of the page.

By the way, you can totally change that in your profile.

You can even change the order of posts in threads, which I'm iffy about, but would have to hack into the code to turn off, so I won't right now.

We've got a lot of new options here, some of which are a bit of a reversal from the previous minimalism of the Forge. I'm interested to see where they take us.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

joshua neff

I'm very much liking the new format. However...

Am I totally blind, or is the Favorites feature no longer around. I had a bunch of threads that I had saved as favorites, and I'd hate to have to search for them everytime I want to reread them. However, being a librarian, I will certainly search for them everytime if I have to--it's not really that big a deal.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: joshua neff on July 17, 2005, 05:28:41 PM
Am I totally blind, or is the Favorites feature no longer around. I had a bunch of threads that I had saved as favorites, and I'd hate to have to search for them everytime I want to reread them. However, being a librarian, I will certainly search for them everytime if I have to--it's not really that big a deal.

It's currently not present. The data is preserved, and will be restored with a new format. I decided to do all this yesterday, so we're not completely to where we're going yet.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

joshua neff

Quote from: Clinton R. Nixon on July 17, 2005, 05:30:10 PMIt's currently not present. The data is preserved, and will be restored with a new format. I decided to do all this yesterday, so we're not completely to where we're going yet.

That's what I figured.

Cool.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Asrogoth

Just a navigation question within topics...

At the bottom and top of the threads the word "Page" is listed followed by each numbered page.

Will there be a "next page", "previous page", "last page", "first page" option available?

btw... what new software is this.  It's actually kind of exciting; although I was a bit flummoxed when I first signed on.
"We know what we know because someone told us it was so."

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Asrogoth on July 17, 2005, 05:35:31 PM
btw... what new software is this.  It's actually kind of exciting; although I was a bit flummoxed when I first signed on.

Simple Machines Forum. It's got a few too many features for my taste, but is almost perfect.

I'm posting for another reason, though:

Everyone, start previewing posts.

I just noticed that some of the BBCode is different on here, especially the format of quotes. So, seriously, preview. Thanks!
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Larry L.

I could have sworn that the "time adjust" profile setting in the previous software was based on GMT. The currect software's base time is Pacific time. Took me a while to figure out how everyone was posting in the future.

Look ma! I don't have to pester Clinton if I want my display name changed!

Say, links to Essays and Bookshelf and all that will be returning at some point, yes?

Andrew Cooper

Hey, I like the new code.   I've only got one little quibble with it.  The icons to the left of the Threads that indicate whether something has been read, unread, etc are difficult to distinquish from each other at a glance.  Is there any way to make the colors of those icons contrast a little more?

Other than that, I really like everything.

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Larry Lade on July 18, 2005, 09:05:37 AM
Say, links to Essays and Bookshelf and all that will be returning at some point, yes?

Hopefully, today.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Gaerik on July 18, 2005, 09:19:31 AM
Hey, I like the new code.   I've only got one little quibble with it.  The icons to the left of the Threads that indicate whether something has been read, unread, etc are difficult to distinquish from each other at a glance.  Is there any way to make the colors of those icons contrast a little more?

I agree. I'll be working on site design and look today.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

ethan_greer

Troy_Costisick

Heya,

I like how the forum sections are all collapsable. It's easier to navigate now and really find what I'm looking for.  Nice work, Clinton.

EDIT: The only problem I seem to be having is when I click a link in a post to another thread, the popup window is just the Forge home site.  Specifically in this thread: http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?topic=15974.msg170305#msg170305

Peace,

-Troy

Troy_Costisick

Oh, and where are the articles and reviews?

Peace,

-Troy

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Troy_Costisick on July 18, 2005, 10:35:37 AM
EDIT: The only problem I seem to be having is when I click a link in a post to another thread, the popup window is just the Forge home site.  Specifically in this thread: http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?topic=15974.msg170305#msg170305

What? I just tried that and it worked fine. More details, please.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games