News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

annoying oddity

Started by C. Edwards, March 15, 2002, 07:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Edwards

This is nothing serious, just an annoyance.  

Quite often, after I return to the Forum Index after reading a thread, forums with new posts cease to be highlighted.  All threads seem to become marked as read even though I haven't read them.  Does anyone else experience this or could this be due to some problem on my end?

Thanks much,

Chris

Matt Gwinn

I get the same problem from time to time (which is probably why I missed Ron's Kayfabe post last week - grrr).  It usually only happens to me when I actually leave teh site and come back, but it's happened other times.  In fact it just happened to me about 5 minutes ago.

,Matt
Kayfabe: The Inside Wrestling Game
On sale now at
www.errantknightgames.com

Valamir

It happens to 100% of the time when I log in at home, and 0% of the time when I log in at work.

I suspect it is most likely a browser issue.

Clinton, do you know how far down the version tree of IE and Netscape your latest code is supported by?

Armin D. Sykes

Quote from: thickenergyQuite often, after I return to the Forum Index after reading a thread, forums with new posts cease to be highlighted.  All threads seem to become marked as read even though I haven't read them.  Does anyone else experience this or could this be due to some problem on my end?

I have found that this happens any time I've clicked an external link, even if I open that link in a separate window. The result is that I try never to open any other links, ever. Sometimes I forget, and that makes me sad.

The Forge is the only site where this seems to happen to me.

Armin

Clinton R. Nixon

I have absolutely no idea why this is happening. It might be a browser issue - I notice that at work, where I'm using Mozilla, this happens if and only if my browser crashes (which happens a lot.)

I'll post a bug report with the PHPbb guys and see what they come up with.

-Clinton
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games