News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

AoA: Looking for Members

Started by Toki0, August 14, 2005, 09:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toki0

Lets start by saying, I want this team to be as much as a learning experience as it is a rewarding or non-rewarding game design process. It's purpose is to simply introduce all who want to partake into the gameing world, (I happen to be one of them) and to create a game that may or may not be a success in the indie game community. Thanks for listening.

Team name:
Out of the Basket

Project name:
Archives of Ananduin (working title)

Brief description:
An mmorpg set in the world Ananduin made with the Realmcrafter engine, currently I plan on getting a team together to learn and maintain expirience in the field of game design, simply to get used to the hard world that is the gaming community. Archives of Ananduin, allthough has big aspirations will be and will always be, a hobby game, and allthough I would love to go commercial, finacially I don't see it happening, but don't be discouraged or turned away by this, the games to simply create a group of people that can learn from the game, and hopefully have a good time doing it.

Target aim:
Freeware atm, unless our thinking stratagey changes or the team is extreamly eager to go the other way.

Compensation:
As mentioned before little to no money will be gained, even if we do plan on putting it on ice and selling the game little money will be gained after sustaining server costs. But our compensation plan right now we is no compensation =D aside from a load of credit towards the team both on the website and in-game, hopefully a unique learning expirience will come out of this.

Technology:
Blender/any 3D modeling program we can get our hands on. Blitz3d/Blitzplus Compilers, Realmcrafter engine. For those who are un-familiar it uses .X for it's models, and almost anyother type of photo or picture file for it's textures and icons.

Talent needed:
Anything from concept artists to world feedback would be appreciated, even if your skills are un-developed we would love to see you on the forums if you could contribute in anyway; that includes 3d modelers, blitz coders, content designer, and even 2d sketch/pixel artist for some of the required icons and textures.

Team structure:
Currently we have a few members, LordL, a trustable companion of mine who i've known for a long time, he handles map making and stage design, and I Toki0. I am the leadstory board director and handle most of the world content/system design, however we'd still love more, in addition to that I also am slowy rising in modeling skills. You could call me a jack of all trades as i've dabbled with C++ in the neverwinter nights module maker, and have a small grasp of it. Also we have a few beginner modelers (I happen to be one of them), an on the fence about joining us concept artist, and an slowly coming of skill 2d Artist.

http://archivesoa.bravehost.com/ As you can see i'm a tad frugle, and for thatI don't have a major host; I also don't plan on adding a lot to the site until the release of the game where we will need our own domain name and enough memory on the host to sustain the game download, but what I have maintains the purpose as mainly a support and information site.

Contacts:
Contanct me at rfmmaz@optonline.net or you can reach me on the forums at http://archivesoa.6.forumer.com/index.php

Additional Info:
All I can say is we'd love to see you at the forums, even if it's to stop by and tell us how much you hate us (as long as you provide a reason why!) as this is still somesort of feedback, and it bolsters the learning expirience all the same. We have scheduled 12 races within 3 factions but plan on releasing first 2 races per faction and then steadily increasing as we go to work up to status, as we all know the saying you gotta walk before you crawl, this is our philosphy at Out of the Basket and hope to work up to a career at game development in due time. I won't lie to you, I am young, i'm 16, but that isn't going to stop me from what I wanna do, if you couldn't tell from the post this is learning expirence, just like all my other game making projects, in total i've designed a few games in various makers, most of them lost, however I have worked with rm2k3, and manged to bust out a graphic lacking demo, I also created a game in the wc3 world editor, and have little expirience in leadership however with school and everyting else I have managed to become the head of numerous non-game projects. In conclusion I would like to say thanks for listening, and if you can stop by the forums and check it out, and maybe provide a little feedback or sugestions we'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks Toki0