News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

With Great Power

Started by Doc Blue, August 22, 2005, 01:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc Blue

I picked up With Great Power at Gen Con - you should thank your editor (sorry I forgot your name) who spent some time with me talking about the premise behind WGP and some comparisons between WQP and other Forge games that I've recently purchased/played (PrimeTime Adventures, Capes, Dogs in the Vineyard). 

I've finished my first read-through of With Great Power and if my group weren't already using PTA (very successfully) to run a super-hero game, I would switch over immediately. You've done a great job capturing much of what I've felt is missing in most supers games by (as the editor described it) creating a "comic book game". This nailed my own design thoughts on the head.

I would love an opportunity to see how a Story Arc plays out in practice, but until then,
Make Mine Incarndine!

Andrew Cooper

Yes, I played WGP at GenCon too (at least a 2 hour demo).  It was an excellent experience and I will be purchasing the game.  The Story Arc idea is awesome and I loved simple, elegant character creation that absolutely guaranteed that your character was going to suffer greatly and that you were going to like it.  Michael ran the demo for us and sold me on the game.  Good job.

rickr

I bought it at GenCon too -- I think the storytelling game mechanics are brilliant!
Rick Rutherford
Make Mine Incarnadine!

Thor Olavsrud

Quote from: Doc Blue on August 22, 2005, 01:20:06 PM
I picked up With Great Power at Gen Con - you should thank your editor (sorry I forgot your name) who spent some time with me talking about the premise behind WGP and some comparisons between WQP and other Forge games that I've recently purchased/played (PrimeTime Adventures, Capes, Dogs in the Vineyard).

Hey Doc Blue! That was me. I'm glad the game delivered what I promised! I'm giddy waiting for my With Great Power... game, which starts in September. It was posted as one of eight game choices for the Gotham Gaming Guild over at nerdnyc.com, and it filled up within three minutes!