News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Origins Awards AKA I'm in shock...

Started by Jason L Blair, March 19, 2002, 11:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason L Blair

Little Fears has been nominated for an Origins Award for "Best Roleplaying Game." I'm not kidding. See for yourself at http://www.aagad.org/originsawards/ (Best Roleplaying Game is at the bottom of the page.)

I really don't know what to say. Except thank you to everyone in the Academy who voted for us.

Wish me luck and when the votes go live, let your voice be heard! (In other words, vote for me, baby. ;)
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

hardcoremoose

Jason,

I almost posted about this earlier, but decided you should weigh in on it first.

And why the surprise?  Little Fears is the best game in the category.  

- Scott

Sidhain

Well then. Lets just cross our fingers and see how it turns out. :)

Adam

Congrats, Jason!

*crosses his fingers and toes for both your nomination and his*

Laurel

Congratulations, Jason and Adam!  I have really high hopes for you guys.  

Little Fears represented my first step away from the WoD to Indie games and then Indie game design and has a special place in my heart.   Nothing would please me more to see it win.

Jürgen Mayer

Jürgen Mayer
Disaster Machine Productions
http://disastermachine.com

Jason L Blair

Thanks, all. I appreciate the kind words.

I am concerned about what ill-effect LF may bring upon Laurel, however. Apparently, it was her gateway drug. ;)

Good luck to you, Adam. Here's hoping for the rock out.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Laurel

Quote from: Jason L BlairThanks, all. I appreciate the kind words.

I am concerned about what ill-effect LF may bring upon Laurel, however. Apparently, it was her gateway drug. ;)

Its been very good for my pocket book, ironically, since I've been selling 85% of my WW collection on Ebay this month and Spectres alone was a $75 sale.  Of course, I turned around and bought some Indie and narrativist games, but only with a small amount of the proceeds. ;)

Seriously though, while I think LF has some stiff competition and isn't the favorite to win, I think LF represents a real step forward to genuine storytelling games and dark fantasy RPGs and deserved the recognition of being up there with the big boys.  Just being nominated will hopefully increase sales.

peteramthor

Hell instead of wishing him luck lets try to give him even more support.  The voting opens in April if I'm not mistaken and you all know where my vote is going.  Also got all of the folks who played in my Little Fears games voting for it as well.

Lets drum up the support get as many people voting as possible and show everybody that an independent game can make the top of the list.

(now as I stand upon a castle wall with a shotgun I raise my arms and yell)

Who's with me!

Jason L Blair

Man, and me without my shotgun.

Note to self: keep on PeterAmthor's good side.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Paul Czege

I'm very eager to see you win...but some of your opponents seemingly appear to have used prohibited fanbase-enhancing substances. A natural competitor such as Little Fears might not win out over an opponent made monstrous by such means. If you don't win, you should take heart in the fact that your opponents will likely die young, painful deaths of cardiac arrest.

Good luck,

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Ron Edwards

Hello,

I should like to give special dishonorable mention to Avalanche Press, who may well have practiced extensive ballot-stuffing to get no less than 11 nominations across the categories. (italics inserted to prevent accusations of libel)

I'm still wondering how the women at Ragnarok acquired Nair to eliminate those pesky frizzies at the outskirts of their dinky leather aprons. (This is a cruel reference to the cheesecake cover illustration allegedly "nominated" for Best Cover, on an Avalanche supplement.)

There's only one way Little Fears could have got there, Jason. You know what it is, and so do we. Paul's analogy is exactly right.

Best,
Ron

Jason L Blair

Actually, Ron... I'm not sure what you're saying there in reference to LF's presence on the ballot.

I'm kinda thick-headed at times.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Ron Edwards

For cryin' out loud,

Because it is good, nay, GREAT, you lump!

Frigging self-esteem seminar coupon, here, take it!

Best,
Ron

Jason L Blair

The transition from the supposedly nefarious means that AP got their products on the ballot to the ambiguous statement that everyone knows why LF is there threw me for a loop.

So... they serving doughnuts at this seminar then?

And thank you.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer