News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Origins Awards AKA I'm in shock...

Started by Jason L Blair, March 19, 2002, 11:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreatWolf

First, I'd just like to insert here by reference a long and vitriolic rant about Avalanche's d20 covers.  And, in a burst of geekdom, I will do it with a C++ function call.

void long_rant();

void main()
{
long rant();
}

There.  That's good enough.

I also wanted to mention that I'm ecstatic about Little Fears' being nominated and I'd hope that the various fans of indie games in general would "get out the vote" for LF.  Yeah, I was involved a bit in LF, so this isn't completely
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Valamir

You mean how a historically accurate cover on a historically accurate supplement transformed into half naked ahistorical women on a historically accurate supplement.

Kind of sad.  But it probably sells better.  Which is kind of sadder.

xiombarg

We're engaging in serious topic drift here, but...

Quote from: ValamirYou mean how a historically accurate cover on a historically accurate supplement transformed into half naked ahistorical women on a historically accurate supplement.

Kind of sad.  But it probably sells better.  Which is kind of sadder.

But is the historical information in the supplement good? If so, then that means we probably have more "typical gamers" reading historical supplements for ideas. And if that increases the amount of interesting historical flavor that ends up in games out there, I say: Bring on the cheesecake!

I mean, it's not like we're talking about Hunter's Guide to Amazons here, the only game supplement I've ever seen that has a centerfold. (Seriously. It's kinda disturbing.)
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

Jason L Blair

Can we please not talk about Avalanche Press' titty-fest on this forum?

Thank you.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer