News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Producer Scenes and Big Groups

Started by Darren Hill, September 05, 2005, 05:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Hill

Let's say you have 6 or 7 players (inc. Producer). Would it make much difference (a bad difference, that is) to give the Producer a scene every time half the players have had a scene, rather the usual full number?
Feel free to mock me, now.

Matt Wilson

Quote from: Darren Hill on September 05, 2005, 05:46:13 AM
Let's say you have 6 or 7 players (inc. Producer). Would it make much difference (a bad difference, that is) to give the Producer a scene every time half the players have had a scene, rather the usual full number?
Feel free to mock me, now.

Darren:

Why would you want to give the producer more scene creation than the others?

Darren Hill

I was thinking about Fred Hicks and Rob Donoghoe's recent Actual Play thread, and how they mentioned that having equally distributed scene creation in a large group made it harder (for some groups) to set up a plot and follow it.
In a three player group, one third of all scenes are Producer scenes which are likely to be plot-focussed scenes; in a five-player group where the Producer gets two scenes, you'll also have 1/3rd of all scenes being Producer scenes.

I'm doing my Pilot episode tonight, and I won't be using this idea here. But I wondered if people with larger groups had a less-focussed, and less-satisfying, experience than smaller groups, and if so, this is one way to address that (assuming less-focussed is less good, of course).