News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Simple Capes Rules Questions

Started by jburneko, September 07, 2005, 01:18:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jburneko

Hello,

Just simple rules questions:

1) Can you introduce "Free Conflicts" for free on your actual turn or only at the top of a page.

2) When you have your turn you get one action for each character you control.  What happens when you buy actions after that with Story Tokens?  Do you buy an "Action" for one of your characters or are you buying a whole new turn gaining an action for each of your characters?

Thanks.

Jesse

TonyLB

(1) Absolutely any time.  On your turn, not on your turn, top of the page, bottom of the page, middle of the page, whenever.  Note that you can only claim them during the usual claiming period, so it's impossible to introduce such a conflict and then resolve it before anyone gets an opportunity to effect it.

(2) One Story Token equals one Action, not Actions for every one of your characters.

The equation is:  Total Actions = Number of characters + Story Tokens spent
The equation is not: Total Actions = Number of characters x (1 + Story Tokens spent)

I hope this helps!
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

jburneko

Yes it does.  Just one follow up question.

So, I buy an action with a Story Token... What about staking debt and spliting dice.  Can I still do that from any of my characters or just the one I intend to use the purchased action for?

Jesse

TonyLB

You can only stake debt off of the acting character.  If debt is already staked (from previous rounds) you or anyone else may split on any action.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum