News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Any Forgites in Austin, Texas?

Started by Scripty, September 09, 2005, 03:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scripty

Hi:
I've recently moved to the Austin, Texas, area and I'm looking for either existing groups or people interested in forming a group to play Indie rpgs. My personal favorites are Sorcerer and HeroQuest (sans Glorantha). I'm willing to play or run and would prefer to either play a game where the roles shifted a bit or have 2 or 3 members trade-off or co-GM.

I'm open to most games, even non-indie, and fairly agreeable. I have references too.

P.S. I'm also supposed to try and get something together to playtest for QuestWorlds. If that's agreeable to the group in question, cool. If not, maybe we could drum up a few sessions on the side.

Mark D. Eddy

I'm in Austin -- just 'til May, probably. I've got HeroQuest, and some of the Glorantha stuff. I'm also interested in Dogs in the Vinyard (I actually own a copy) and Legends of Alyria.

~Mark
Mark Eddy
Chemist, Monotheist, History buff

"The valiant man may survive
if wyrd is not against him."

Scripty

I don't know much about DitV beyond what I've been able to read in online reviews: Old West, purgatory, etc. I'd definitely be interested in giving it a spin if you don't mind me learning the ropes. I'm not a big Gloranthaphile. I prefer using the HeroQuest rules for other genres. There's just so much to Glorantha that I haven't grokked, despite all the YGMV stuff.

If you're interested in getting a group together for DitV or have a group and wouldn't mind me tagging along we can exchange contact info via PM. I'll be able to start up at the beginning of October.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Rossum

Howdy.

Just relocated to Austin. I've got a lot of games under my belt, but most of my books are back home in New Orleans. So far, I'm finding way too much D&D for my likings. (Generally, standard swords-and-sorcery fantasy aren't a button for me.)

Partial list of Indie/Non-indie games I've played:

Indie: Sorcerer, Dogs, HeroQuest (one session), TSoY, Mountain Witch, Stranger Things.
Non-Indie: Over The Edge, Unknown Armies, Cyberpunk, ShadowRun, 7th Sea, Nobilis, In Nomine, GURPS, Paranoia, several Palladium games, Call of Cthulu (3rd? edition and d20), All Flesh Must be Eaten, Deadlands, Star Wars (WEG and d20), D&D, Cartoon Action Hour.

You want references? Clintonian, will you vouch for me? :)

Seems like we've got a small battalion of folks; let's get together and geek out.

MDK
--
Mischa D. Krilov, rossum gmail com. Author, 1984 Prime.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." - the late, great, Douglas Adams
Read my blog: http://rossum.blogspot.com

Scripty

That sounds like a great idea, Rossum. Any time that works well for both of you? My schedule's cramped until the end of the month but I could probably meet up on a Tuesday (just not this Tuesday) night or a Saturday afternoon.

I'll PM contact info and we can go from there.

Tom B

I live in Leander (northwest of Austin), so depending on where you're located...

I'm currently running a Fading Suns game.  It's not intended to be an ongoing thing, though...just a break from my regular campaign.  My intention was to pick up my ongoing Darkurthe campaign using the HeroQuest rules, in case you're looking to get into a game.  (Probably converting to QuestWorld whenever it comes out.)

That may be delayed, though, as I've been asked to playtest a different set of rules.  Anyway, if you're interested, keep me in mind.

Tom B.

Scripty

Rossum

Quote from: Tom B on September 12, 2005, 02:34:56 PM
I'm currently running a Fading Suns game.  It's not intended to be an ongoing thing, though...just a break from my regular campaign.

Curses. I really enjoyed the Fading Suns one-shot I played a few years back. IIRC, character creation is a bit.. involved. Give a shout if you plan to keep it going.

Quote from: Tom B on September 12, 2005, 02:34:56 PM
That may be delayed, though, as I've been asked to playtest a different set of rules.

What are you going to playtest, if you don't mind sharing?

MDK
--
Mischa D. Krilov, rossum gmail com. Author, 1984 Prime.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." - the late, great, Douglas Adams
Read my blog: http://rossum.blogspot.com

Ron Edwards

Hiya,

Guys, take this info-exchange to private-message and email, please.

Thanks,
Ron