News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Breaking the Ice first run selling out

Started by Emily Care, September 12, 2005, 09:56:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily Care

Hello,

I'm a bit amazed to be able to announce that the first print run of Breaking the Ice is about to sell out.  It is minus a bunch given to artists & family, of course, but between GenCon and ensuing orders, the sales have far exceeded what I'd imagined. 

Vincent asked me some time ago to talk about my sales at the Con, so perhaps this is a good moment to do so.  At GenCon, 66 copies sold.  A retail order of 6 went off to Finland with Ben for Eero (thanks Eero!), and then 17 since the con puts it at 89 sold since August 18.  Leaving me with 2 more to sell.  Time for another print run!

There is no question in my mind that it was the teamwork at the Forge that made this possible.  From the cooperative selling at the Forge Booth at GenCon, to the input & playtesting I received from folks on these forums, to the continuing discussion here and elsewhere.  My deepest thanks to all those who have purchased the game,  everyone who helped me put the game together & all those who have helped put the word out there.  You folks are amazing.  Thank you!

with affection,
Em
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

Matt Wilson

TonyLB

Congratulations!  The success is well deserved.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Blankshield

That's absolutely awesome, Emily!

I just had a chance to read through the copy I picked up at the Con over the weekend, and the long design time really shows.  The text is really sharp.

This really is a coffeetable game.  (For those of you without toddlers who eat books, that is)

James
I write games. My games don't have much in common with each other, except that I wrote them.

http://www.blankshieldpress.com/

coffeestain

Congratulations, Emily!

I think I just ordered one of your remaining two copies.

- Daniel

JasperN.

Whew! Good thing I ordered a copy last week already! But, hey, the game deserves it.

Keith Senkowski

Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Emily Care

Thank you all! 

Jasper, your copy is going out today. And Daniel, yes, you'll get the second to last one.  I had been planning on printing up some more soon, but will have to step it up now.

best,
Emily
Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

Andrew Morris

Download: Unistat

Gregor Hutton

Coffee Table indeed!

That is awesome Emily. Here's to sales of the second run too. :-)

Ben Lehman

Shreyas Sampat

MatrixGamer

Envy. It took me three years to sell the 100 copies I made of my first Matrix game in 1992. Congradulations!

Chris Engle
Chris Engle
Hamster Press = Engle Matrix Games
http://hamsterpress.net

JasperN.

I got my copy today, and it looks awesome. I really love the artwork, and the rules are finally laid out before me in a clear and concise fashion. Thanks, Emily!

Andrew Norris