News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

C&C

Started by Dav, March 27, 2002, 02:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dav

All;

Despite some concerns over the validity or point of the game, I have completed the Basic Edition of C&C.  Anyone interested in a copy, email me at davharnish@hotmail.com, and I will send you a copy.

22 pages, PDF, small file (I think 100-200K).

I must say, some of the above-mentioned concerns are likely the result of sound thinking and sane rationale.  But what the hell?

Dav

Dav

I lied completely just now.  Clinton, the man of great grace and wonder, has offered to host C&C for a bit.

C.R.N.:  Cool Restriction: None

Dav

Clinton R. Nixon

Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Clinton R. Nixon

I'll have to play it to find out if it's funny in play (and I will - Zak Arntson, I'm looking at you) - but it did make me giggle reading it.

- Clinton
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

xiombarg

I'm not sure if that "I don't know what hammer and spikes are used for" thing is a joke or not, but I'll note, from my 1st Edition AD&D dungeneering days, that they're used to spike open doors to prevent them from swinging closed. Good for stopping those "you enter the room and the doors close and something horrible happens" kinda trap.
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT

Dav

Xiombarg;

I honestly had no good goddamn clue what they were for.  Why a hammer and spikes?  It seems to me that wedging anything into the doorframe would work just as well.

I figured it was for pitching tents or spiking rope or something.

Anyway, I learned something today.

Dav

Gordon C. Landis

I'll add that spikes are also good (by old-time D&D logic, anyway) for keeping a door SHUT (don't want that monster getting out - it's too tough for us), anchoring ropes (i.e., serving as pitons), and as wedges in all kinds of fiendishly-designed traps, trapdoors, teeter-tooter floors, and etc.

Why, spikes and a hammer are ALMOST as valuable as a 10' pole . . . ;-)

Gordon
www.snap-game.com (under construction)

contracycle

Quote from: Gordon C. LandisI'll add that spikes are also good (by old-time D&D logic, anyway) for keeping a door SHUT (don't want that monster getting out - it's too tough for us), anchoring ropes (i.e., serving as pitons), and as wedges in all kinds of fiendishly-designed traps, trapdoors, teeter-tooter floors, and etc.

...weighting a line, improvised axe-head, improvised chisel, being thrown onto suspect paving slabs... and of course the mallet does double duty in conjunction with the wooden stakes.

edit: ... improvised sling stones... being melted down for arrow-heads after of them "all your weapons magically disapear" gimmicks...
Impeach the bomber boys:
www.impeachblair.org
www.impeachbush.org

"He who loves practice without theory is like the sailor who boards ship without a rudder and compass and never knows where he may cast."
- Leonardo da Vinci