News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Alternate not-setting for BtI

Started by Blankshield, October 17, 2005, 03:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blankshield

Hi Emily,

Just wanted to note that after I read through the text, the first thing that occured to me was "I could play this with my daughter!"

And before anyone in the audience gets any weird ideas:  BtI would be a PERFECT intro game to play with my daughter about two little kids just trying to be friends.  My daughter is 5.  A very precocious 5, but still just 5.

As soon as my copy of BtI comes back from whever I lent it, I'll be doing this.  (...and if it doesn't wander back, I'll just buy another one and count the loss as a good deed.  It's a lot like Good Omens that way.)

James
I write games. My games don't have much in common with each other, except that I wrote them.

http://www.blankshieldpress.com/

Emily Care

Hey James,

QuoteBtI would be a PERFECT intro game to play with my daughter about two little kids just trying to be friends.  My daughter is 5.  A very precocious 5, but still just 5.

Way cool idea, James! BtI turns out to be a pretty family-friendly game, I played at home & it was totally fine and a lot of fun for my completely-non-rpg'r Mom.  For a game with a child, the three trait categories could be: "Me", "Play" and "School"--or "Family". Attraction is just "Friendship", and Compatibilities can stay the same.

What kind of Conflicts do you think your daughter would choose, or understand?

best,
Emily

Koti ei ole koti ilman saunaa.

Black & Green Games

Blankshield

Quote from: Emily Care on October 17, 2005, 05:09:23 PM
What kind of Conflicts do you think your daughter would choose, or understand?

I'll let you know. :)

I'm not sure... she's all over the map, and runs circles around me from a creative POV; it'll be good, though.  I suspect stuff will come up about school, 'cause she just started Kindergarten this year, so it's a big deal for her right now.  Stuff about getting lost, maybe.  When she wants stories about just a kid, it's usually a made up story about [a kid] who gets lost [somewhere]. 

The only real hitches I'm anticipating are mechanical ones, really.  Right now, she's a pretty hardcore freeform gamer. (grin)

James
I write games. My games don't have much in common with each other, except that I wrote them.

http://www.blankshieldpress.com/