News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Riddle of Steel

Started by Valamir, March 29, 2002, 09:42:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valamir

I was browsing their web site recently and came across some pretty cool items.

John Clements (author of a couple of books which are mandatory reads for anyone who wants to give swashbuckling an authentic feel) and head of THACA (The Historical Armed Combat Association), which has since changed its name to something like ARMA (Association for Renaissance Martial Arts) and who is also a gamer, has endorsed Riddle of Steel's combat mechanics.

He will be at Origins with Driftwood giving combat demos for which tickets will supposedly be available.

Thought that may be of interest to some.

Misguided Games

There's a thread going about the game on rpg.net (main forum).  Ron has posted there a couple of times.  I didn't see it at GTS, but it looks attractive (based on the website).  I'm a bit confused as to the nature/intention of the game, so I just posted in that thread too.

Jake Norwood

Quote from: Valamir
John Clements (author of a couple of books which are mandatory reads for anyone who wants to give swashbuckling an authentic feel) and head of THACA (The Historical Armed Combat Association), which has since changed its name to something like ARMA (Association for Renaissance Martial Arts) and who is also a gamer, has endorsed Riddle of Steel's combat mechanics.

He will be at Origins with Driftwood giving combat demos for which tickets will supposedly be available.

I just talked with John, and he'll be doing 2 fighting demos and an hour long seminar friday and saturday of the convention. He's pretty stoked about the game, too.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant