News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[PTA] Minor newcomer questions

Started by SabreCat, November 22, 2005, 06:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SabreCat

Greetings!

I've not yet had the privilege of playing in or producing a game of Primetime Adventures, but I hope to soon.  On my first read of the book, I've run into a few minor snarls that I'd like to get straight before I make an attempt.  Can you kindly folks smooth these out for me?

1) Some examples give the producer's initial budget as (total screen presence + 3) * 2, while others state the formula as (total screen presence * 2) + 3.  Which is it?

2) Similarly, some examples state that the producer starts with one card in a conflict, then spends budget to increase this number, while others seem to have him buying cards up from 0 (maybe with a minimum of 1?).  Which way does this go?

3) Since what characters are involved in a scene has a great deal of game-mechanical impact, shouldn't an explicit statement of what protagonists are part of a scene occur in the scene request or scene framing steps?  If so, is this part of the player's request or the producer's setup of the scene?

Tch, I thought I had more questions, but I'm not finding them now... should've written them down at the time, I guess.  I'll add here if I think of anything else.

Thanks!
Blazing Rose: A Story Game of Romantic Rivalry - Dating sims.  Harem anime.  Jealousy, competition, and friendships under strain.  But above all: love!

Darren Hill

1) It's (SP*2) +3

2) The producer starts with 1 card for free, and uses Budget to buy more.

3) The player whose turn it is to request a scene also states which Protagonists are involved, as part of the Scene Request. Other players can later involve themselves in the scene by spending a Fan Mail.

Matt Wilson

Hi. Sorry about the typos in the book. Darren's got the right answers.

Fire away whenever you have more questions, and thanks again for buying the book.

-Matt