News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

An introduction, of sorts...

Started by tokiyojimbo, December 28, 2005, 12:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tokiyojimbo

Y'ello all.  I've been thumbing through the connections forum and thought I'd do this up all formal.

There's a lot of talented folks here, and I'd be happy to be a part of the forge.  If anyone's looking for some mediocre artwork done for indie projects, feel free to check out my gallery at tokiyojimbo.deviantart.com

Have a great day.

Toki.
"When you're going through hell, keep going"

joepub

Welcome to The Forge, Toki.
It's customary to ask: Is that your real name? If not, wanna indulge us in one?

I really love your artwork. I'm going to PM you for a couple requests, but I just want to say: amazing stuff.

tokiyojimbo

Thanks for the welcome Joe.  I PM'ed you back a few moments ago.

Nah, Toki isn't my real name.  It is, however, a pretty nifty nick for messageboards.  It's korean for "rabbit".

Call me Matt, call me Toki... just don't call me late for dinner.

"When you're going through hell, keep going"

joepub

hehehe.

Okay - I just know The Forge loves using real names. It's a way of creating identity within the group - an identity that can extend outside this singular message board.

daMoose_Neo

Big reason for that is I'm less inclined to be an ass to Bob, but to uber_mage_3000 its a little easier.
Helps establish a bit more of a rapport, easier to put a face to some thoughts instead of a meaningless screen name. Or, in a more professional sense my partner will call me Nate or Nathan when we're doing something "official", or Moose when we're chilling out playing video games. So it also helps set the tone here as one of professional or at least courtious and respectful discussion as opposed to faceless mudsliging a fair other portion of the net has become. Rather like it here because of that.

Anyhow, welcome aboard Matt, enjoy the stay!
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

energy

welcome i am new too but i checked out your art and it is pretty cool.