News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forcing Heart Actions

Started by Bret Gillan, January 09, 2006, 02:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret Gillan

Okay, a long time ago I asked about the sanctity of the Heart, and affecting the Heart's emotions, thoughts, and actions. In response Ben said the following.

QuoteSimilarly, it is fine to say that the Heart's protagonist falls in love with someone -- if a character that you control has acted to make this so:
"Antilla slips Rigel a love potion, and he instantly falls in love with Rischia." (Antilla's player) 
Or
"Rischia's beauty is so overwhelming that you fall in love with her." (Rischia's player) 

You can't just say "you fall in love with Rischia," though.

Now, in play we had situations arising where secondary characters were trying to compel Heart actions. For example:

"Ziggura convinces Andromeda to kill her father."

Now it seems like going by the above, as long as we've explained how Ziggura does this its okay. Am I right?

Ben Lehman

Yup, you can say that.  Of course, mechanically, you'd better add "and gains the 'fratricide' fate" or some such, because otherwise it's a mechanically impotent agreement.

Now, I consider that, frankly, to be a boring way of resolving whether or not she wants to kill her father.  But you can do it like that if you want.

yrs--
--Ben

Bret Gillan

Okay, cool. Being able to do that makes things a lot more interesting (and potentially tragic) in my opinion.

How would you do it?