News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Dogs in the Vineyard's sales

Started by lumpley, January 12, 2006, 06:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumpley

In case anybody's interested, I've just posted a chart showing Dogs in the Vineyard's lifetime direct sales at my blog: Year-end sales chart.

I welcome questions and comments, here or there.

-Vincent

MatrixGamer

Good show!

The continued mention of DitV on various web forums and your appearance at cons is certainly keeping the ball rolling. I think your sales will roll along at a steady pace for a a good while to come. The PDF sales certainly help the bottom line - no cost of sale expense.

Chris Engle
Hamster Press = Engle Matrix Games
Chris Engle
Hamster Press = Engle Matrix Games
http://hamsterpress.net

JakeVanDam

That's very informative. The connection between threads and sales doesn't seem too surprising, since this seems to be a word of mouth idustry, but it's nice to see it confirmed. It's kind of you to share this information us. It's very informative for someone just starting out.

Thunder_God

Very enlightening. The replies added over time offer now a lot more than when I first viewed the thread.
Guy Shalev.

Cranium Rats Central, looking for playtesters for my various games.
CSI Games, my RPG Blog and Project. Last Updated on: January 29th 2010

timopod

I was wondering if you do a lot of con sales? after looking at some con's, the booths aren't cheap. Are con's worth while?
Tim Goldman
Professional College student
TimOPod@hotmail.com

lumpley

I've never gotten my own booth at a con, but I've shared booths - the Forge booth at three GenCons and the Indie Games Explosion booth at Dreamation '05. Every time, my sales have paid for the convention for me.

I wouldn't get a booth of my own. More expense + less energy at the booth = losing money two ways.

I wouldn't miss selling my game in the Forge booth at GenCon for anything.

-Vincent