News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

My Pattern

Started by Judd, January 25, 2006, 04:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Lehman

My biggest PTA tip is that the pitch session should go on for as long as it has to.  Furthermore, my informal rule in the pitch session is "if you say no, you have to have an idea of your own to throw out" which just keeps things moving.

yrs--
--Ben

IMAGinES

I think I'm turning into the "Hey, how about a wiki entry?" guy here, but has anyone set a Primetime Adventures Wiki up already?

Silly question: Yes, they have.

Okay, has anyone thought of compiling all this on that or another wiki?
Always Plenty of Time!

Robert Bohl

I vote for:

1) Finger-wiggle, rather than finger-wave.
2) Finger-wiggle gets into Primetime Adventures, 3rd Edition.

Another BIG thing for me in PTA, that I constantly push to people to the point where I know I've got to be annoying about it, is to encourage them to describe things in shots.  Pay very close attention to the visuals, what the audience sees, etc.  I've noticed that sometimes people just play things out like a standard RPG and that can be frustrating to me.

PTA is teaching me that while I like to roleplay, what I really want to do is direct.
Game:
Misspent Youth: Ocean's 11 + Avatar: The Last Airbender + Snow Crash
Shows:
Oo! Let's Make a Game!: Joshua A.C. Newman and I make a transhumanist RPG

Nathan P.

Yes! I love describing scenes in terms of the shot. It's a potent, potent visualization tool.
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters

IMAGinES

Always Plenty of Time!

Jason Newquist

Quote from: IMAGinES on February 09, 2006, 03:26:53 AM
RPGnet Wiki Page set up: How to Run Primetime Adventures

Um, dude: you should totally credit Judd as the author of that content.

IMAGinES

... er, right there on the top of the page: "The initial content of this WikiPage is based mainly on the thread by Judd "Paka" Karlman, "My Pattern" on the Dog Eared Designs forum."

Okay, maybe "initial" shoud change, but I did a bit of chopping and changing, and inclusion of others' posts, so it seemed right at the time.
Always Plenty of Time!

Judd

Quote from: IMAGinES on March 10, 2006, 10:14:58 AM
... er, right there on the top of the page: "The initial content of this WikiPage is based mainly on the thread by Judd "Paka" Karlman, "My Pattern" on the Dog Eared Designs forum.

I changed it and entered my name.

It hadn't occurred tome before but whatever, there it is now.

Danny_K

I added a category link for PTA so PTA fans are more likely to find it. 
I believe in peace and science.