News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

DIY Game Designer in Desparate Need of Art

Started by Alexander XVX, January 25, 2006, 09:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexander XVX

Hello all,

My name is Alexander, and, as you might have rightly guessed, I'm new to the Forge.  Games have always been a strong part of my life, and my love of adventure is easily proven by the fact that I spent the last year hitchhiking around the US, and I have full intention of continuing in the future.  I have currently designed two games, one of which is a tabletop wargame, and the other of which is an RPG.  Since this game is the reason I made this post, I'll describe it a little below.

My game is entitled The BERGS Chronicles (an acronym for Best Ever Role Playing Game System), which, in my less-than-humble opinion, is a far cry from any of the D&D related crap on the market today.  The name is silly, but the system is serious.  Although I have respect for the concept behind GURPS, I think it fails in being a truly universal system because it requires you to buy and own such an enormous amount of game books if you want to play a variety of genres.  The BERGS Chronicles, on the other hand, is designed to incorporate every role playing genre and era imaginable into one- yes, just one!- complete manual.  Players can delve into fantasy, the ancient world, a Norse/Viking campaign, the wild west, Victorian England, an alternative history steampunk world, 1930's film noir, the present day, a bleak post-apocalypse or cyberpunk future, or a futuristic utopian campaign.

The system of battle in The BERGS Chronicles is also a step above the rest, as it is far more realistic, and includes rules for both small scale, individual battles, and humongous, large scale battles in times of war.  The manual also includes rules on how to create worlds, solar systems, races, cultures, cults and religions, gemstones, weapons, and anything else a person can imagine.

Sadly, however, I'm faced with a dilemma:  The extend of my artistic talent lies mostly in stenciling, spraypainting, and screen printing, and, although I do intend to include some of my drawings in the manual, I just don't have the time or drive to do all of the artwork myself.  Besides that, I really enjoy admiring other people's work, and what better way could I do this than by including it in my game?

To be honest, I don't have any money to spare right now, due to some of life's weird circustances that I'm happy to discuss privately.  Instead, I can offer my friendship, my partnership, and I'm always willing to trade services.  My point is I need artwork!  If you're interested, please reply.

Thanks everybody.  Be well, take care, and strive for excellence.

Alexander

racingspoons

i would be interested in helping out.  i am a wayne state university grad with a bachelors of fine art and nowhere to use it.  if you would like i can send sample work.  i am new to this site so have not gotten the hang of it, but i would definitely be happy to put forth some illustrations if my style could work with your game.