Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 03:49:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 62 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [FLFS] Flags, Situation, Address  (Read 884 times)
Josh Roby

Category Three Forgite

« on: February 08, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »

So in his FLFS playtest, Jason found the Thematic Batteries to be somewhat lacking:

Quote from: Jason Morningstar
People would degrade their abilities when it didn't really matter, or when they were certain of success, in order to amp up their ability when it did matter. All thematically appropriate but not very interesting.

When I first read your response I was all, "Well that's how they're supposed<complicate the situation<can, but only at the player's discretion -- no reason why you can't charge your 'Useless Prat' battery at the worst possible time, after all.

But at least during roleplay, the purpose of Thematic Batteries is primarily to express character<in this application<FLFS<The Shadow of Yesterday

Jason Morningstar

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 05:16:36 AM »

I can only speak to my extremely limited experience in actual play, in which I observed the players invoking their thematic batteries to handicap their characters in conflicts they knew they were going to win anyway.  I hope they'll weigh in here. 

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: