News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Doom vs Doom

Started by Matt-M-McElroy, February 11, 2006, 07:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt-M-McElroy

So, we had a scene where two character's Doom Descriptors conflicted on the chosen outcome(s) of the particular action involved. I think we handled it well (it helps having the creator of the game involved) but I was wondering how this might be resolved in a future situation. Is there going to be a specific rule for this kind of conflict or will it be determined on a case-by-case basis?

Regards,

Matt M McElroy
"What Are You Afraid Of?"
http://www.flamesrising.com

"What Are You Afraid Of?"
www.flamesrising.com

Keith Senkowski

Matt,

The uses of the Doom didn't really collide.  I just wasn't clear on where the conflict lied.  Once we cleared that up there was no conflicting uses of Doom.

As far as a rule goes, I would say I wouldn't create one.  The very clear premise of CoS is that the group is working together against a greater evil.  To steal from Wilson, the assassin arguing with the paladin is a different game, and the fact that it happened in the game is entirely different issue.  I don't anticipate Dooms colliding, but if for some reason they did, I would say the first person to call on their Doom wins.  Simple as that.

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel