News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Exile (long)

Started by xiombarg, April 13, 2002, 12:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knight

Hang on a sec -

Why does dealing with Daemons cause Humanity loss? As I've said before, the VR rig used by virtually everyone in the Dreamtime is not fully capable of supporting the intense yet abstract VR tools used by the programmers, and the strain risks temporary or permanent brain damage -- and loss of memory. The reason Banishing increases Humanity is this affirms the power of humans over mere code, putting one back in touch with one's human self.

I'm not sure I get this. If humanity loss is defined as brain damage, as in actual physical trauma, how would affirming the power of humans over code cause a sudden spurt of healing?

xiombarg

Quote from: KnightI'm not sure I get this. If humanity loss is defined as brain damage, as in actual physical trauma, how would affirming the power of humans over code cause a sudden spurt of healing?

Note that I said "temporary or permanent". The "sudden spurt of healing" is really just temporary damage wearing off.

As it is, under Ron's suggestion, the reason for Humanity loss is more going to be contradictary memories triggered by getting so close to the code than brain damage.
love * Eris * RPGs  * Anime * Magick * Carroll * techno * hats * cats * Dada
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer -- Dance, damn you, dance! -- UNSUNG IS OUT