News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

A few quick questions...

Started by sourflower, February 23, 2006, 02:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sourflower

After reading the reviews and play reports PTA sounds like something I could get into.

A few questions though...

What is the most number of players you would ever play Primetime Adventures with?

What is the fewest possible number of players?

What age (of children/young adult) would you recommend?  

Eero Tuovinen

My experience...

I can't imagine over five players + director, personally. Of course, going over that, nothing would stop you from splitting the group into several related series, like the C.S.I. or something.

The least is probably two + director, as otherwise you'll miss out on the fanmail mechanics. It's not designed as a two-player game, that's for sure.

PTA is very easy to play for beginners, a little harder for experienced roleplayers. Assuming inexperience, I would try it with 8-year olds and higher. Also one of the best games for a wildly divergent group with both children and adults.
Blogging at Game Design is about Structure.
Publishing Zombie Cinema and Solar System at Arkenstone Publishing.

Arturo G.

I'm with Eero.

I have played a pilot-episode with 7 players and me as producer. One of the players was around 10 years old and the rest between 25 and 35. It was a little bit complicated in some moments because the age-shift (the older people begun to get interested on personal issues that were far too much for the child) and because too many people around. It was mainly fun, but I think it would be too much for a full series.

Arturo

komradebob

I haven't played a full on PTA game with my daughter ( 9 yo), but I ran off with the core concepts of scene setting and conflicting outcomes for our freeform miniatures game and she loved it. In fact, it basically changed the way we play those games.
Robert Earley-Clark

currently developing:The Village Game:Family storytelling with toys

John Harper

My ideal is 3 players + producer. I have also played with 4 players + producer. 5 players seems like too many, to me.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!