News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

My Game: Claymore

Started by TheGameMaster, March 13, 2006, 08:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGameMaster

Hi all,

I wrote a game over the last 24 years called Claymore... it's a hodge podge of various things with a unique game world (or at least it was unique in 1983).  All things Claymore: http://www.claymore.50megs.com   Yeah, it's free...  and registred with the copyright office to boot...

Anyway, critiques and praise are welcome!  ;0)

Seth M. Drebitko

Yes, very awesome game I found a couple years ago was actually just looking over everything again last month.

So to business what questions do you specifically have other than just wanting general opinions. For example are you thinking of giving things a new look and feel, any weak points you find in your game that you would like input on. If you can't think of any specific questions then I suggest working through a power 19 a creation of Troy Costisik and can be found at his blog http://socratesrpg.blogspot.com. Sorry the post was so scattered but I must be to work welcome to the forge.
Regards, Seth
MicroLite20 at www.KoboldEnterprise.com
The adventure's just begun!

Anders Larsen

Two slightly off topic thing:
* You may want to find another host for your website. I had to turn off JavaScript in my browser not to be too annoyed.
* In the pdf: A line should not be longer than an average of 76 characters, or it is hard for the eyes to find the start of the next line.

Well, on to the game. I have only had time to skim through the text, so I may have misunderstood something here and there.

Your system seem to be general and somewhat neutral. Which make it hard for me to see what you want with it. It looks like it is about fighting and killing monsters, but that is really not what I see in your setting.

But then again, I am not really sure what your setting is about either. There is some interesting conflicts like: "In the days of Sarnach the oppressor, I risk my life to put to letters the truth of Yesh", but I can not find anywhere where this is mentioned again. There also seem to be a conflict between people that want technology back, and "The outlawing of any technology newer than the renaissance". Again this conflict is only indicated, but never really focused on.

I will ask you some question, to get a better idea of what you want with this game.

Well, what do you want with this game? What is it about?

What conflict do you see as being important in the setting, and what are the conflicts the characters are going to face.

What do you see as being the most important part of this game (what do you want to be cool in this game)?.

- Anders

billvolk

One apect of your game that could be played up to make it more unique and flavorful is its Christian undertones. There's sure to be a large potential demographic for such a game, as people in certain parts of the world still have opinions on roleplaying taken directly from that old Jack T. Chick comic.