News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Origins 2006] Looking for indie rpgs to play

Started by PeterAdkison, March 23, 2006, 01:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterAdkison

Since I run Gen Con I'm too busy to game there. So I go to Origins every year to actually play (and sometimes actually get to do just that!).

I'm looking for "indie RPG" games to get into for my father and I.  Right now my only committment is the Origins awards (if they have an actual ceremony this year) and the Game Critics Awards (again, if it happens).

Would love to play Sorcerer, Dogs in the Vinyard, Universalis, or anything that's semi-serious. (The Secret Lives of Gingerbread Men was a fabulous read, but I think I'll pass on actually playing it.)

I'll be accompanied by my father, so I'm looking for games that have at least two openings. (I can always recruit more players if needed.)

Peter D. Adkison
peter@gencon.com
(useless parenthetical comment, just for aesthetic balance)
Peter Adkison
Owner/CEO, Gen Con LLC
The best four days in gaming!
www.gencon.com

Michael S. Miller

Hi, Peter!

As luck would have it, I'm actually going to be at Origins this year. I'll be spending most of my time at the IPR booth, where I'll gladly demo nearly anything at the booth for you. Since I don't have any scheduled events, I could easily set up a time to run something for you & your father: Something like: With Great Power... (melodramatic superheroes), My Life with Master, Universalis, Prime Time Adventures, InSpectres, or the like. Contact me by PM and we'll set up a time or two.
Serial Homicide Unit Hunt down a killer!
Incarnadine Press--The Redder, the Better!

PeterAdkison

Michael, I would love to PM you, but am not sure how to do that (I skimmed the Help page; if its there I missed it).

Howabout email?  I'm at peter@gencon.com.

Peter
Peter Adkison
Owner/CEO, Gen Con LLC
The best four days in gaming!
www.gencon.com

Thunder_God

Quote from: PeterAdkison on March 23, 2006, 06:09:54 PM
Michael, I would love to PM you, but am not sure how to do that (I skimmed the Help page; if its there I missed it).

Howabout email?  I'm at peter@gencon.com.

Peter
Click on their username, scroll down, at the bottom there are three links, one of them reads "Send user a Private Message" or something to that effect :)
Guy Shalev.

Cranium Rats Central, looking for playtesters for my various games.
CSI Games, my RPG Blog and Project. Last Updated on: January 29th 2010

Clinton R. Nixon

Peter,

I'll also be at Origins. I'll be more than happy to run The Shadow of Yesterday for you (in which you'll see a debt to D&D3E) and show you/demo many other games, including my new favorite indie rpg, Swansong, which could be called Everway: Delta easily.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Brennan Taylor

Peter,

You can catch up with Clinton, Michael, and me at the IPR booth. We can run demos or full games after the event hall closes. I am going to be debuting my game Mortal Coil and I'd be happy to run it for you.