News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Big forums change!

Started by Ron Edwards, March 22, 2006, 10:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hey everyone,

As you can see, Clinton and I are messin' with the forums, as promised. Don't flip out.

I'll be pumping existing threads from Indie Design (say, from the last three weeks? something like that) into the new forums over the near future, like now. Indie Design will still exist as an archive.

Best,
Ron

Ron Edwards

Hey,

Well, I've been moving threads, which takes a while per thread, actually. So I'm getting tired. It's late, and my wife sort of wants to hang out with me a little ... and I care about her more than I care about you, so I'm going to knock off until tomorrow morning.

But rest assured! If your recent thread hasn't been shifted yet, it will be. I plan to reach back well into early February, and in some cases earlier, and I won't pick & choose among threads within relevant time period.

I should be done some time tomorrow.

If you have any questions about the new forum organization/concept, let us know.

Best,
Ron

Luke

Wow! Looks great!

Go Forge! Go adaptability!

-L

Kesher

I yelled so loud from the basement that my wife thought I'd hurt myself...

k.

Troy_Costisick

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This is Awesome!

Thank you Ron and Clinton!

Peace,

-Troy

Arturo G.

Really nice! We were waiting for this with expectation!

Question:
When a game idea has been already discussed in "First Thoughts" for a while, and it becomes mature enough, the discussion moves directly to playtesting. Endeavour is only for discussing games inside the scope of organized design activities. But the discussions about actual playtesting of games cooked in endeavour will also be in the "Playtesting" forum.
Am I right? (Just to be sure I did not misunderstand anything)

Arturo

Ron Edwards

That's right, Arturo. Playing your Ronnies game, for instance, would be posted in Playtesting.

Best, Ron

Josh Roby

Ron, will the Theory, GNS, and Indie Design boards be migrating to some 'Inactive' category somewhere?
On Sale: Full Light, Full Steam and Sons of Liberty | Developing: Agora | My Blog

Ron Edwards

How come everyone asks me questions about stuff that Clinton is in charge of?

Guys, Clinton runs the forums. All this organizational stuff you're seeing today, and that I'm announcing here, arose through dialogue between the two of us and is subject to his final approval.

So Joshua, I dunno. What Clinton wants to do about that, is what'll happen. At the moment, my own preference is that they remain where they are, in a "can't post but not gone" status. But that is only a preference and not really anyone's business except Clinton's.

Best, Ron

Josh Roby

Clinton, will the Theory, GNS, and Indie Design boards be migrating to some 'Inactive' category somewhere? :)
On Sale: Full Light, Full Steam and Sons of Liberty | Developing: Agora | My Blog

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Joshua BishopRoby on March 23, 2006, 01:34:00 PM
Clinton, will the Theory, GNS, and Indie Design boards be migrating to some 'Inactive' category somewhere? :)

That's a decision not made. If they do, which I mildly support, "Inactive" will be renamed "Archive."
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Marco

This is an *excellent* process-approach change that looks both intuitive and productive. Phenomenal!

-Marco
---------------------------------------------
JAGS (Just Another Gaming System)
a free, high-quality, universal system at:
http://www.jagsrpg.org
Just Released: JAGS Wonderland