News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[Monster Rules]: The Return of Bruce Lee

Started by mratomek, March 27, 2006, 12:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mratomek

I hosted a game of Monster Rules that invovled a Bruce-Lee type character. A martial artist that relied primarily on his Agility to both hit and avoid being hit. He also had a numbe of Brawl boosts, such as Knock Down, Knock Back, Disarm, Grab, Combo, Counter, etc.

He faced off against Dr. Humonculous, a robotic villain that had an array of powers including some basic combat ability, laser beams, and heavy armor.

The fight was a lot of fun. Bruce did an excellent job of using his Acrobatics power to dodge and out-maneuver Dr. Humonculous' attacks. He was further very successful at wearing down his opponent using Knock-Down and Combo attacks. He really couldn't score a more severe hit, but he continually hit for at least 1 point of damage each round.

Ultimately, Dr. Humonculous got lucky while Bruce tried to maneuver around him, knocking him to the ground. Once on the ground, Humonculous is able to easily hit Lee and tie him up with his tentacles.

Now, Lee finds it difficult to escape his crushing grip, and Humonculous has all but taken him out of play, slowly squeezing the life out him.

That's when my opponent using a second character involved in a fight elsewhere, to target Humonculous using his Deadeye boost and shoots and hits Humonculous who fails his Fatality Roll.
MrAtomek

Once upon a time ... the Earth needed to be saved ... on a regular basis.

Super Force Seven
Tactical RPG / Miniatures Wargame

www.superforceseven.com

Ron Edwards

Who played? How long did the game take?

Best,
Ron

mratomek

I was playing with a playtester named Jake. We meet at a local store.

This game lasted about hour and 15 minutes or so.

The whole game included a team of villains (Sly Guy, Mad Bomber, Bruce Lee and a group of terrorists) and a team of heroes (Brimstone, Death Scream, Dr. Humonculous and Paladin). The teams were not truly good guys and bad guys, but included a range of different characters and powers that we were testing.

For example, Paladin was a fantasy-concept of a paladin character, with the ability to detect lies and evil and the ability to shoot a beam of White Fire--the opposite of Shadow Dark.

Bruce Lee is obviously not a villain, but was a test of a character that had lower primary scores, fewer powers but lots of strategic capabilities.

The goal of the game was simple, the villains had kidnapped the president's daughter and we needed to get her back--and failed!

Which was funny, because I had four solid characters and figured that I would kick my opponent's butt, and lost. He ended up using the strategic capabilities to his advantage.
MrAtomek

Once upon a time ... the Earth needed to be saved ... on a regular basis.

Super Force Seven
Tactical RPG / Miniatures Wargame

www.superforceseven.com