News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

"Help" Help

Started by Supplanter, March 30, 2006, 12:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supplanter

There was one aspect of the Helping Die rules our group found ambiguous in the text. I'd appreciate being straightened out on it.

If I help another Dog with a Raise (not a See), can he end up with three dice on the table, or only two?

IOW, does the helpee make a regular two-die raise to which the helping die is added, or does he add one die (and only one die) of his own to the helping die to make a standard two-die raise?

Thanks,

Jim
Unqualified Offerings - Looking Sideways at Your World
20' x 20' Room - Because Roleplaying Games Are Interesting

dunlaing

If someone who knows the answer to this can respond by 7:00pm EDT this Wednesday, I'd appreciate it...

Brand_Robins

I've always played it that they end up with three dice.

Seems consistant with both the rules for helping on a see and for the fact that the helper loses a dice on their next raise.
- Brand Robins

cdr

I've always played it that you wind up with three dice, for the reasons Brand says, even though p72 doesn't come right out and say that.

BTW, a fun tactic for three Dogs using Ceremony to cast out demons is to have one raise asserting Three in Authority and the other two help, so you get 4 dice totalling 21+ with d8 fallout that can't be blocked or dodged.   Oh, I suppose there could be a fourth Dog Helping the other side, in which case it could be blocked.  That would be fun too!)

--Carl