News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

60 minute convention demo - any thoughts?

Started by Per Fischer, April 04, 2006, 02:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Per Fischer

Hi,

I am doing a solo indie games track at a Danish convention during 5 days over Easter, trying to expose as many people to good, solid games as possible.

All demos will run in 60 minutes, mostly with pregenerated characters in medias res, but part of the fun with PTA is coming up with the show and its characters. Can it be done? A quick show-brainstorm, four characters and a couple of scenes from the pilot (or somewhere along the season)?

Some ideas that have crossed my mind:
Coming up with a handful of loose settings ideas to jam on, including character examples.
Using the show examples in the book as they are.
Picking from a hat
Choosing demo players i groups according to which show they want to play

Per
Per
--------
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Matt-M-McElroy

Quote from: pfischer on April 04, 2006, 02:52:51 PM

Some ideas that have crossed my mind:
Coming up with a handful of loose settings ideas to jam on, including character examples.
Using the show examples in the book as they are.

I think these could qork for a demo of the game, it would folks a chance to try it out, have some fun and ask questions if they have any.

Regards,

Matt M McElroy
"What Are You Afraid Of?"
http://www.flamesrising.com
"What Are You Afraid Of?"
www.flamesrising.com

Matt Wilson

Hej Per:

QuoteI am doing a solo indie games track at a Danish convention

Fedt nok! Drink an easter beer for me. I don't like them as much as the julebryg, but I wouldn't turn one down.

Anyway, something I did once that worked pretty well was to provide the concepts and maybe one trait, then let the players choose the rest.