News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Vegetarianism - bah

Started by Valamir, April 04, 2006, 05:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Kitkowski

Quote from: Ron Edwards on April 04, 2006, 10:18:40 PM
All right, I'll feed you some veggie food this weekend, you big dork.

Screw that, man. I'm coming back to CHICAGO, man!  I want some of that fat deep-dish pizza!
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Valamir

greyorm

Now, I have nothing against feeding meat to the carnivores among us...
...sooooo, I'll just kill you one at a time and fry up your hearts for each other!! Yes! It's the perfect plan!

I won't be able to do anything so clever with the last meat-eater remaining, though, for obvious reasons. I haven't decided if I'll just kill you after feeding you the other last carnivore's heart, or taunt you mercilessly from behind the safety of an electrified fence. It depends on how much you amuse and/or annoy me. Perhaps I could just feed you salads from that point on and make you kill yourself? Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I think I'll keep Ron's brain in a jar though, and consult it on occasion with mediums and telepaths (just to annoy his spirit, you understand, because it will give me a special pleasure to imagine him ranting -- GAWD DAMNIT, that's not SCIENCE! THEY'RE FRAUDS! -- and I will smile and pet my brain-jar lovingly. I mention this now given the possibility a) he may not believe in an afterlife and b) he may be right about "a", so that he will know it's coming and I can annoy him NOW as he thinks about my doing it).
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Valamir

greyorm

Quote from: Valamir on April 04, 2006, 11:31:47 PMmmmm....Ron's Brain....
Hands off! I called it first! Don't make me shiv you.
Wild Hunt Studio

TonyLB

Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Peter Nordstrand

I don't care if its meat or not as long as it is deep fried.
Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.
     —Grey's Law

matthijs

Quote from: Peter Nordstrand on April 05, 2006, 01:59:56 AM
I don't care if its meat or not as long as it is deep fried.

What? Ron's brain?

Ben Lehman

I really don't get the defensiveness around vegetarians.

yrs--
--Ben

Check it out!  I can edit.  Hah.

greyorm

Quote from: Ben Lehman on April 05, 2006, 05:01:29 AMI really don't get the defensiveness around vegetarians.
Isn't it obvious, Ben? Vegetarians are defensive around carnivores because we're worried they might eat us.

Unless you mean why are carnivores defensive around vegetarians? That I don't know.

I suspect it has something to do with an inferiority complex, you know: recognition that we are a more highly evolved and moral form of human while they're still wallowing in the stone age. Since on some level they know this, they react strongly to our mere presence as everything they are not. That can breed a lot of bitterness.

{I'm kidding! I'm kidding! Lighten up. Or give me a six month ban.}
Wild Hunt Studio

Troy_Costisick

Marhault

Quote from: GreatWolf on April 04, 2006, 06:13:42 PM
I believe that, in Heaven, there will be bacon trees.
Seth, I almost just spit water all over my keyboard.

Dirk Ackermann

I am not that scientific, that's why I just do something.

Anyway, try this, you scientific researchers: http://www.thepaleodiet.com/    ... !

Everytime I change my diet I get obsessive and my body reacts very positive. But since I am on this paleo I have never had this amounts of energy and power. (for almost 1 1/2 years now).

And I know my shit when it comes down to diets. (nearly 20 years of hardcoretraining in sports). Hell I was feed by freaky juicy GDR-coaches, who would like to see me becoming a muscle-shark with... hell, I don't know.

No, really. Try this out. It is good, but expensive. And it keeps you healthy.

Dirk
In which way are you lucky?

Thunder_God

Quote from: greyorm on April 05, 2006, 05:44:10 AM
Quote from: Ben Lehman on April 05, 2006, 05:01:29 AMI really don't get the defensiveness around vegetarians.
Isn't it obvious, Ben? Vegetarians are defensive around carnivores because we're worried they might eat us.

Unless you mean why are carnivores defensive around vegetarians? That I don't know.

I suspect it has something to do with an inferiority complex, you know: recognition that we are a more highly evolved and moral form of human while they're still wallowing in the stone age. Since on some level they know this, they react strongly to our mere presence as everything they are not. That can breed a lot of bitterness.

*Nods in agreement as he feasts on Raven's flesh* That is soooo true. *Munch munch*
Guy Shalev.

Cranium Rats Central, looking for playtesters for my various games.
CSI Games, my RPG Blog and Project. Last Updated on: January 29th 2010

GreatWolf

Quote from: Marhault on April 05, 2006, 09:00:46 AM
Quote from: GreatWolf on April 04, 2006, 06:13:42 PM
I believe that, in Heaven, there will be bacon trees.
Seth, I almost just spit water all over my keyboard.

Glad to accomodate.  Hope the keyboard gets better!
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown